Homepage Update: Koeman Not Confident On Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We need an answer after the weekend, I don't know what will happen if he doesn't give any answer. I don't know."

You see, that's what happens when you make a balls on the table ultimatum. Utter confusion as to how to implement it.

Amateur night stuff.

Its a shame really as it would seem for his career it would be best to stay at Everton at least for a couple more years. He's a good player, but not world class. Hard to see him getting as many games at any English team in the Champions league and with the fight for places getting more competitive there is no guarantee of champions league year in and out at any club really. Really seems like he wants out...my impression is that he doesn't like Koeman's tough love approach. This doesn't bode well for his career in general.
Think you could say the same for Lukaku and John Stones too who I reckon would be totally bossing it now under Koeman's management. But these young lads know better.

I really want Ross to stay as I believe it will be best for him as well as Everton. But if he does go, I hope he still becomes the player I think he's capable of, as I do think he's had a rough ride here with some of our fans. However he may just find, like many thers befofre him, that the grass isn't always greener.

I really can't fault RKs handling of it though. We can't let the player hold us to ransom and the club will go on whatever he decides. My fear is that whoever we bring in won't be as good as Ross and will most likely be untested in our league.

"We need an answer after the weekend, I don't know what will happen if he doesn't give any answer. I don't know."

You see, that's what happens when you make a balls on the table ultimatum. Utter confusion as to how to implement it.

Amateur night stuff.

Not really Dave, because it's ultimately up to the board to sell or not sell him and up to a team making a bid acceptable

Amateur night stuff.

I think it's pretty obvious dave. If he hasn't signed he'll be told that the club will listen to offers.

Nothing amateurish about it, business. We have an asset who is depreciated at an alarming rate in value, and that asset doesn't want to commit. We therefore have no option

Oh great.

Well done Ron you utter clown.
200.gif

Not really Dave, because it's ultimately up to the board to sell or not sell him and up to a team making a bid acceptable
He's the one setting the ultimatum. Are you saying he's a mere errand boy? If so, how does that stack up against the 'strong manager' theory?

What really happened: this manager attended a press conference a few weeks back and played to the gallery (again) looking to show he's top dog at the club. Hands a date for RB to sign on or he's out....two weeks later and now he admits he hasn't got a 'kin clue how that process can be rolled out.

I think it's pretty obvious dave. If he hasn't signed he'll be told that the club will listen to offers.

Nothing amateurish about it, business. We have an asset who is depreciated at an alarming rate in value, and that asset doesn't want to commit. We therefore have no option
So why not just spit that out if it's so obvious?

He has done, on numerous occasions.

Don't be an idiot and use this one interview over the 15 you've bitched about as an another excuse to have a pop. It's becoming extremely tedious

It's quite simple, Barkley for his own reasons doesn't want to sign and will be sold if he follows through
Why doesn't he want to sign? He's not comfortable here anymore with the role he's been given and the hassle he's getting off manager and media.

If this summer pans out like we think it will we'll have lost Stones, Barkley and Lukaku in 12 months.

That's 'kin shocking. Dont try and spin that as anything other than a worrying development for the club.

What will we get for him as he's only got one year left on his contract.
Shame to see him go but he's thick as [Poor language removed] and won't get any better .

..good question, I think much depends on the demand. Apparently a £50m price tag has been put on but if only one club is interested they will hold all the aces. I think £35m would be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.