January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s give Thelwell and Lampard a few more windows at least; their first windows wasn’t too bad, and I hope they can go better in January for our Midfield and attack, after they sorted the defence out.

Few outgoings would be useful as others have said - two of holgate, Mina, Keane (would have let all three go it we hadn’t loaned branthwaite out). Doucoure and Rondon also. Their stupid wages will be the issue.

If the mad yank at Chelski comes in with a daft bid for Gordon we should snatch his hand off - trouble is if potter has anything to do with their transfers they won’t come near him/us again.

I was a big proponent of selling Gray last summer because he would have been almost pure profit from a FFP perspective. Still think that. He's just so selfish, trying to wow when the basic works more than do.

Hopefully Chelsea haven't come to their senses and still want Gordon. I still really doubt they bid for him but that was just awful on our end.

Need to get rid of a few. Keane, Mina, Doucoure can all go.

I’d get rid of Gray and Gordon if there was an offer for either. Both are fuxking terrible. Truly [Poor language removed].

Desperately need wingers or wide players who can create and ideally score.

It’s imperative the board back the manager, otherwise we will be sweating it out in the final weeks again.

A couple of productive players and we will finish 10-15. Otherwise it’s a massive ask, with the current wingers and creators we have.

Im not suggesting we should have wet sheets, but it’s starting to feel like we need to starting being concerned..
Not true.

At this rate we'll easily be relegated by then.

Ah, the 6 monthly "all our players are crap, and the guy I saw have a good game 2 weeks ago should be our number one target" and "a team signed a good player a year ago, so all our scouts are rubbish" thread.

Love it.
Not far off though is it!

A realistic target that could be brought in early doors is Diaz at Blackburn. He will only have six months left on his contact so wouldn’t be expensive. The issue is of course is we would effectively be gambling our survival on a player who has only played in the Championship.

Pay whatever it takes to get Ben Sesko from RB Salzburg....

EDIT : Just seen he is set to join RB Leipzig for £20m, will be worth 5 times that in 2 or 3 seasons.

A realistic target that could be brought in early doors is Diaz at Blackburn. He will only have six months left on his contact so wouldn’t be expensive. The issue is of course is we would effectively be gambling our survival on a player who has only played in the Championship.
Problem is that he has been offered moves at the end of his contract abroad so I don't really see why he would want to come here tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.