January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a punt on Macauley Langstaff of Notts Co.
I know he’s 25 and playing in the Vanarama League (or whatever it’s called) but he knows where the net is … 17 goals from 17 starts and would be buttons

I have faith in Lampard and Thelwell after the last window.

We don’t have the money to rebuild an entire team in one window and we all said that was what we needed to do so I’m cutting a bit of slack as I believe in building from the back when starting a new team.

Pickford is sound and Begovic is a very good back up.

Our defence was horrific and is now far more solid - good work in last two windows.

Our midfield was abysmal last season and whilst it’s still not perfect it’s so much better than it was. Doucoure was our best CM last season and yesterdays dreadful sub appearance showed how terrible he is - good work in the last window.

Our forward line swapped Richarlison for Maupay and McNeil. This isn’t good enough. Any funds we can put together have to go on creativity from wide areas. It doesn’t matter who is in the box when Gray and Gordon don’t pass and when they do are so erratic with their quality of ball they may as well have not. They also rarely score, scoring what four between them in 14 games? McNeil has a bit more quality of delivery but is so one footed and doesn’t have the pace to burst beyond a defender that they block him every time as it’s so obvious what he’s going to do.

Main priority for me is a winger who can create and score themselves.

If we have money on top of that we need a fit striker. Yesterday felt like the final nail for Dom unfortunately. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone come back from so many different injuries and be the same player again.

Clubs these days just dig their heels in and demand 25 million for average to crap players, unless they are in a situation where their contract is about to end and they risk losing them on free transfers in just a few months time.

The players that will be available for free in the summer, which I think are worth looking at this January are:

Ben Brereton Diaz

Victor Tsygankov

Daichi Kamada

Adama Traore

Marcus Thuram

Louis Zaha

Memphis Depay

Adrien Rabiot

If we can’t get forward players in the window, let’s just offer spurs a 20 million loan fee for Richarlison ? its looking more and more we could do with him back here. By the way I am only joking, but seriously we need to replace the goals and assists he gave us.

Clubs these days just dig their heels in and demand 25 million for average to crap players, unless they are in a situation where their contract is about to end and they risk losing them on free transfers in just a few months time.

The players that will be available for free in the summer, which I think are worth looking at this January are:

Ben Brereton Diaz

Victor Tsygankov

Daichi Kamada

Adama Traore

Marcus Thuram

Louis Zaha

Memphis Depay

Adrien Rabiot

Depay would be brilliant but his stock is high, he’d go to a champions league club

Ben Brereton Diaz

Victor Tsygankov

Daichi Kamada

Adama Traore

Marcus Thuram

Louis Zaha

Memphis Depay

Adrien Rabiot
Been linked with him loads over the past 2 weeks.

Ben Brereton Diaz

Victor Tsygankov

Daichi Kamada

Adama Traore

Marcus Thuram

Louis Zaha

Memphis Depay

Adrien Rabiot
Hopefully with a decent relationship with Kyiv we can get a good deal for Tsygankov. There is decent value out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.