January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brereton Diaz would have been the much much better signing than Maupay, I think most called it at the time.

Better pace, better height, scores all sorts of goals..... McNeil and Maupay suggest we haven`t learnt our lessons in recruitment. That was Frank and Thelwell that brought them in for the best part of £30m! FFS

Brereton Diaz would have been the much much better signing than Maupay, I think most called it at the time.

Better pace, better height, scores all sorts of goals..... McNeil and Maupay suggest we haven`t learnt our lessons in recruitment. That was Frank and Thelwell that brought them in for the best part of £30m! FFS

Maupay's record in the Championship is better than Brereton's.

Maupay's record in the Championship is better than Brereton's.

Maupay
85 games, 37 goals

Brereton-Diaz
Last 2 seasons, since changing his name and bringing him new powers
57 games, 31 goals

Diaz also has 3 goals in 7 World Cup Qualifying matches and scored in the Copa America.

Don`t forget Maupay played for a title challenging Brentford and Diaz for Blackburn.....

EDIT: We can see Maupay shouldnt have been signed whether it was a toss up between Diaz or not, these weren`t the only 2 out there surely....

Great player but our money is better off in other positions.
For the moment I agree other areas are more of a pressing priority but we need supply lines from all across the pitch, Iwobi is our most creative player so far this season with 22 chances created but in the last 5 games he hasn't created a thing. Yet he has still been our best player in many of the games which I guess just shows how bad we are.

For the moment I agree other areas are more of a pressing priority but we need supply lines from all across the pitch, Iwobi is our most creative player so far this season with 22 chances created but in the last 5 games he hasn't created a thing. Yet he has still been our best player in many of the games which I guess just shows how bad we are.

Well Stach isn't massively creative so not sure on the point there lol

Maupay
85 games, 37 goals

Brereton-Diaz
Last 2 seasons, since changing his name and bringing him new powers
57 games, 31 goals

Diaz also has 3 goals in 7 World Cup Qualifying matches and scored in the Copa America.

Don`t forget Maupay played for a title challenging Brentford and Diaz for Blackburn.....

EDIT: We can see Maupay shouldnt have been signed whether it was a toss up between Diaz or not, these weren`t the only 2 out there surely....

That's moving the goalposts to suit your narrative a bit there mate.

Brereton Diaz has scored just two more goals than Maupay did in the Championship despite playing 51 more games.

I’m opening this thread because it could be key to our future in the top flight. Surely the club realise we can’t rely on a fragile Dominic Calvert-Lewin & we have zero effective back-up options. Also, our wide attackers collectively offer little or no threat.

Thelwell should be on the case & have them lined up, our failure to bring effective attacking talent in the summer was bordering on football negligence.

I’m not seeing us linked with anybody but the rumours will hopefully be aplenty with the World Cup a few weeks away.

i understand the window runs from 1st Jan to 11pm on 31st Jan.
Glad you've specified the opening and closing times of the window up front; however, I bet there will still be loads of posts from people asking when it closes.

That's moving the goalposts to suit your narrative a bit there mate.

Brereton Diaz has scored just two more goals than Maupay did in the Championship despite playing 51 more games.
In a worse side....

Its like comparing DCL to Haaland?!? Or Gordon to Salah?!?

If Diaz wasn`t good enough fair enough, but we can all see with our own eyes that a 1 in 3 Championship striker like Maupay is not good enough. Like comparing ? ....

It doesn't as Bournemouth would enter the bottom 3 in the event that both won their game in hand.

Fair enough, at this rate we would be 1 point away from the bottom three in that circumstance. It's not progress from last season, it's the same relegation threatened rate of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.