Is it ever right to want Everton to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Man City game, it wasn't that I was actively wanting us to concede goals and lose, I don't think I could ever do that in a live game.
It was more looking at the outcome at the end and thinking that defeat in that match was an OK outcome, given the alternative which would have been utterly intolerable.
Losing that game had no lasting negative impact on us.

..yep, wanted us to get beat in that game if it meant the Reds losing the league.

No, always want us to win no matter what. Even that City game I still wanted us to win, granted I wasn't too upset and there was a silver lining, but I still wanted us to win.

Not in terms of wanting a manager out, no. If you could guarantee that losing would be for the greater good then of course, i'd be all for it. Problem is you never can, so for that reason i'm out.

As has been said by others, there are occasions where, while not actively wanting us to lose, I wouldn't exactly say I was gutted if we did. That City game being the prime example.

No, as angry and frustrated as i get, and sometimes I do think it but when it comes to match day I can't do it, I always want us to win, that's why we get so passionate and irate online after defeats. I don't like Koeman but no never want us to lose to fit an agenda like that.

That Man City game, it wasn't that I was actively wanting us to concede goals and lose, I don't think I could ever do that in a live game.
It was more looking at the outcome at the end and thinking that defeat in that match was an OK outcome, given the alternative which would have been utterly intolerable.
Losing that game had no lasting negative impact on us.

About as acceptable as it gets I think.

Of course it is......if the circumstances are right.

Everton 2 Manchester City 3

Who among us would go back in time and reverse that result given the dire consequences that would have flowed from it.

I recall jumping up when Ross opened the scoring with a scorcher that day....lol

Same mate, thing is no matter what we feel and say going into a game etc about games such as City, soon as it got under way the emotions take over and you want to see us be boss.

Have there ever been times when you've wanted Everton to lose? I wondered this after reading the Koeman thread and got the impression that a few would rather we continued our poor form into the next 5 games to force the board to get rid of Koeman.
Proper Davek territory this and is about as low as you can get as an Everton supporter. I never wish defeats/poor form on us, regardless of whether I like a certain manager/players or not.

I always want us to win, even if it helps Liverpool. Given that we sing "we don't care what the red side say", I can't really understand how anyone can think differently.
I can completely understand that if you don't live in Liverpool. I personally don't know anyone who wanted Everton to win that day against City though, and believe me, that lot would be exactly the same.

I can completely understand that if you don't live in Liverpool. I personally don't know anyone who wanted Everton to win that day against City though, and believe me, that lot would be exactly the same.
You saying lids not from the city don't really get Everton mate ?

@chicoazul

I'm not really arsed either way.
Is right.
Not been arsed for years.
Its more a day out and a few beers now.
I expect everton to let me down.
I expected our billionaire owner to be crap.
As for wanting Man City to beat us ? Like we can pick and choose ? They would have won anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.