Is it ever right to want Everton to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It fully depends on the circumstances.

I mean, for me personally, as a blue for 20 years, it would take a lot.

Take for instance, last night. I want us to win, regardless, but had I known we were due to face Chelsea in the next round, away from home. I wouldn't have been "gutted" to bow out.

On the other hand, let's say for example it's last day of the season. We're comfortable in the table (CL Spot, Europa League, or just mid table), and a certain rival needs us to win, to help them win the league (in saying Lukaku an United), then I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost, and Lukaku never won the league

Likewise if Liverpool needed to win the league. One 90 minutes of happiness does not equate to the 12 months of torture you'd endure.

In short no, but there are chances.

I don't want to see us lose. But I do think koeman will be gone by the end of the season so I don't see the point in keeping him now and having a season where half the fans aren't onboard and his next slip up will further increase tension and negativity around the club.

I can see it now, a 1-1 at home to Bournemouth as we fail to break them down and fans boo the players off at the end of the game. Where I think if koeman and his staff were to leave and we bring in rhino it would just galvanise the team. We could start getting some young players integrated and build a proper team for future.

If for example us losing in a lesser game with a weaker side out meant we put a stronger side out a few days later for a bigger game (hopefully a semi final or final) which we won I could take that. Never actually want us to lose though wasn't fussed about that City game a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.