Is it ever right to want Everton to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle

Player Valuation: £90m
Have there ever been times when you've wanted Everton to lose? I wondered this after reading the Koeman thread and got the impression that a few would rather we continued our poor form into the next 5 games to force the board to get rid of Koeman.

If it's for the greater good of the club would you want us to lose in order to inevitably progress? There were obviously more than a few willing us to get beat by Man City in order to stop Liverpool winning the title, that's a bit different to the Koeman situation obviously.

What are your thoughts?

#closethread
#rawk
#bawk

etc etc

Of course it is......if the circumstances are right.

Everton 2 Manchester City 3

Who among us would go back in time and reverse that result given the dire consequences that would have flowed from it.

I recall jumping up when Ross opened the scoring with a scorcher that day....lol

Have a day off Bungz x

I'm not kidding mate, I remember similar before the Man Utd semi final as well, see https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...3rd-april-ko-17-15.87334/page-12#post-4408037

upload_2017-9-19_9-55-24.png

I just wondered if people had got to that stage with Koeman or had been at that stage for any other reasons, be it manager or other.

But should anyone want us to lose just so a manager gets fired?

Not on yer nelly.

I remember people on posting that they hoped we lost the Cup semi against the Mancs because a Cup win might have kept Bobby in situ.

That was just wrong IMO.

Bobby was a goner anyway.

Same with this fellow.

He won't be here into next season anyway, no matter how the next bunch of games go so get behind your team.

COYBB :dance:

To stop the reds winning the league, yeah I was genuinely buzzing we lost. Under Roberto in the last 3 months I just wasn't arsed, didn't actively want to see us lose, just didn't care when we did.

No not ever for me,no matter what consequences us winning has in helping others,i just cant and wont hope we lose a game ever

It often causes inner conflict though doesn't it, you can sense the desperation for Martinez to be gone on the day of the Semi final like at least there was an upside to it, not that we wanted the semi to go the way it did though.

upload_2017-9-19_10-3-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.