Expected Defeats

What have Everton become

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play defensive football after what Benitez has said about us, for me his position will be untenable. I have enjoyed how we are set up apart from the first half of Burnley and the Villa game. If we can truly not compete for major honours then all I can hope for is to compete in every game by attacking from the start and never letting the other team walk all over us.

Unfortunately Benitez is a manager who plays negative football. If this wins us games I can take it. However if we are finishing any lower than 8th this season its not worth it. At the minute he is doing ok but it can soon turn as Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti found out. Its what he does at that point that will decide his future. We should never set up expecting to lose like Allardyce did against Arsenal. 5 at the back and 2 DMs. If Benitez pulls that trick I want him gone on the spot.

Unfortunately Benitez is a manager who plays negative football. If this wins us games I can take it. However if we are finishing any lower than 8th this season its not worth it. At the minute he is doing ok but it can soon turn as Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti found out. Its what he does at that point that will decide his future. We should never set up expecting to lose like Allardyce did against Arsenal. 5 at the back and 2 DMs. If Benitez pulls that trick I want him gone on the spot.
I thought his Valencia and Liverpool teams played decent stuff at times, but if we play like his Newcastle team then he will not survive for very long. Even Ancelotti quickly realized that Everton fans will not abide by defensive football if it is not getting results.

I thought his Valencia and Liverpool teams played decent stuff at times, but if we play like his Newcastle team then he will not survive for very long. Even Ancelotti quickly realized that Everton fans will not abide by defensive football if it is not getting results.

Liverpool was just long balls over the top for Torres to chase. Not the type of football I like.

I quote them enough. As you know. Thanks
You quote people you don't like about all sorts. I've never seen you quote anybody wanting us to lose nor have I seen anyone saying they want us to lose (except for a few fans of other clubs who pop in here now and again). You claim there are loads of examples of this, me and a few others would just like you to show us. If you like, I can multi-quote you several times saying that there are loads of people on here doing it?

You quote people you don't like about all sorts. I've never seen you quote anybody wanting us to lose nor have I seen anyone saying they want us to lose (except for a few fans of other clubs who pop in here now and again). You claim there are loads of examples of this, me and a few others would just like you to show us. If you like, I can multi-quote you several times saying that there are loads of people on here doing it?
Go on then, multi quote me several times me saying "there are loads of people doing it".

Go on then, multi quote me several times me saying "there are loads of people doing it".
I see a few of the hysterical cry girls are a bit quiet on this thread all of a sudden.

The bed sheet brigade are fuming. Well done Benitez keep it up

The Bedsheet Bandits will be fuming. Fuming I tell ya

I honestly think some of our fanbase are gutted we turned it round last night.

Bedsheets getting painted on as we speak

It's difficult when we've got fans hoping we get stuffed just so they can act the muppet and say "I told you so" etc

For example

With many claiming a draw would be a marvellous result prior to yesterdays game, we are now being told that we should expect a defeat against Utd and just move on.

Is this what we’ve now become
Yes. We became it years ago. It comes from the top and feeds down to the fans.

We will lose 10 games or so a season.
It happens . It's the manner of these defeats that are important. If we go to city play well, have a real go and lose because they are just better than so be it . But if we lose games like we have done at Home to the likes of already relegated Sheffield United at home when looking like we didn't care then that not acceptable at all.

With many claiming a draw would be a marvellous result prior to yesterdays game, we are now being told that we should expect a defeat against Utd and just move on.

Is this what we’ve now become
Look at Utd, City, Chelsea’s actual squads and ask yourself, is this even a serious question?

They have invested massively and have deep squads of quality.

Also we still can’t even offload the garbage we are stuck with after 5 years of bad buying and management that has gone horribly wrong.

so of course the obvious answer is “yes”, this is what we have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.