Expected Defeats

What have Everton become

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So expectations have only lowered following our bench yesterday?

Expectations have been low since the managers appointment with even posters raving about him have said top 14 is acceptable.

No, expectations haven't been low since the managers appointment - they'd have been this low with Ancelotti too. If he'd had stayed and been given only £1.5m to spend in the summer, after not being able to get a tune out of the bunch of tossers we have in the squad, then we'd be saying the exact same thing - get to 40 points, the season is a write off, anything in excess of safety with these clowns is a bonus.

All that's happening right now is a mirror image of what happened with Ancelotti last season - decent start, and I fully expect us to fall off a cliff. Because you can only polish a turd so much, and the squad is the same turd we had last season.

Our situation has nothing to do with Benitez. It's all on how badly the club is run and, specifically, how totally, completely inept Marcel Brands and Steve Walsh have been in the DoF role.

Little game?

I’m clearly asking a question Paddy. I mean I’ve supported Everton for the best part of 40 years, I’ve witnessed the great and the absolute worse. I’ve gone around the country when we went a full season without winning, not once did I ever go into them games expecting us to get beat.

The question was simple, as it was discussed in the manager thread. It’s not the ones who dislike the manager who are making these statements, but the ones who support him.

In my opinion these are the worse type of fans, the ones who expect us to get beat months before the ball is actually kicked.

Try not to be so angry, its a simple open discussion
This. Noone wants us to get beat. But the people raving about the manager are making comments about him being excused when we inevitably get spanked by the top 6 teams and that draws against average teams are acceptable. Some have said top 14 is acceptable.

The fans who don't like the manager just aren't surprised by it.

Everton can't compete against certain clubs in this league lets not be deluded the team is not good enough them fixtures are like a free hit if you get a result then yeah it is great It is when you come up against teams who are at your level or below when results go against it is hard to take
This club has a bad habit of always getting injuries to key players which magnifies just how poor the squad is

This. Noone wants us to get beat. But the people raving about the manager are making comments about him being excused when we inevitably get spanked by the top 6 teams and that draws against average teams are acceptable. Some have said top 14 is acceptable.

The fans who don't like the manager just aren't surprised by it.
Rubbish.

Alas, it is now our place as those beautiful, fleeting days when Don Carlo reminded us who we were and dared to dream of what we could achieve have been washed away by the grim, pragmatic rain of Agent Beneathus' drive for 17th and survival.

Don Carlo left us at the first opportunity, blokes a lizard.

Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

View attachment 139447

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.
This in a nutshell really I mean just look at the squads that both Manchester clubs and Chelsea have this year and being able to bring 5 subs of the bench just adds to the challenge.

With many claiming a draw would be a marvellous result prior to yesterdays game, we are now being told that we should expect a defeat against Utd and just move on.

Is this what we’ve now become
It will be interesting to see how the new mojo vaccinated Moyeses W Ham goes against Untd.
Or will Ole 'Crocodile' Gunner Solskjaer see him off.
C U Cresswell, chop yon Ronaldo man and get the crowd going

Last edited:
Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

View attachment 139447

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.

That is, indeed, a wretched bench. It is also a dodgy starting front four.

We nicked a point at Old Trafford last season playing Gomes and Davies. We could do it again. We would probably have to do it the same way. We aren't keeping United out of our net, so we'd have to score a bunch. I think that was the game where Fernandes clowned Davies like he was Ibrahimovic and Tom went to go buy a hot dog.

There are four sides in the league light years ahead of the others. We should be aiming to be competitive at home against them but i expect us to be brushed aside away.

The rest of the games we should be in with a decent shout with injuries permitting.

i’d have taken a point happily yesterday as the villa will be contending for top 8 whilst we had zero bench, no RB and a CF who hasn’t played for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.