Expected Defeats

What have Everton become

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me, I always want us to play on the front foot and try to make something positive happen. You see Southampton vs. City yesterday, free kick with minutes to go and they take it to the corner flag to run seconds off the clock.

Get in the bin with that, play to win or don't bother turning up at all.

Remember Saints did it as Goodison one day and they lost the ball….from which Thomas Radzitsky raced up to the Street and scored a winner ?

Any names?
You know who I'm referring to so stick your little game.

In truth I doubt they want us to lose but the attitude about the club (people blagging/crying they're refusing to go etc) is pathetic and it's no wonder we haven't won a bean in years with fans like that. I've never felt more disgusted at a section of our support. Some people on here should give up on football, it's clearly too damaging to their health.

The R B fan club can't name names because there aren't any - as we all know. They're just sulking in the schoolyard because not everyone wants to play the game the way they want.
Stick it on a bedsheet

Nah were just not weird little obsessed with kopites mings mate. We are actual Evertonians, you know proper supporters who live and breath the club they support? You might know one or two.

Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

View attachment 139447

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.
The look of disbelief on Rondon's face at wearing an Everton shirt is priceless

You know who I'm referring to so stick your little game.

In truth I doubt they want us to lose but the attitude about the club (people blagging/crying they're refusing to go etc) is pathetic and it's no wonder we haven't won a bean in years with fans like that. I've never felt more disgusted at a section of our support. Some people on here should give up on football, it's clearly too damaging to their health.
Little game?

I’m clearly asking a question Paddy. I mean I’ve supported Everton for the best part of 40 years, I’ve witnessed the great and the absolute worse. I’ve gone around the country when we went a full season without winning, not once did I ever go into them games expecting us to get beat.

The question was simple, as it was discussed in the manager thread. It’s not the ones who dislike the manager who are making these statements, but the ones who support him.

In my opinion these are the worse type of fans, the ones who expect us to get beat months before the ball is actually kicked.

Try not to be so angry, its a simple open discussion

Not that black and white sadly, but we should always have a go and at least get in the opposition's faces, no matter who we are playing.

Look at the team and bench we can put out, depending on injuries and suspensions, due to having a paper thin squad, and adjust your perceptions and expectations accordingly.

I always want to see us playing on the front foot and having a go - too often recently Everton have been beaten before a balls been kicked, but I wasn't confident yesterday after seeing the starting 11 and bench, and would have took a draw all day.

As long as we try and have a go, whoever we are playing, I'll be ok with that.
Yeah the minimum is 100 percent effort and giving it a go. With Utd specifically in mind, not that many teams go to OT and win so don’t see why it would surprise anyone if we lost. Doesn’t mean the team won’t try to win.

Little game?

I’m clearly asking a question Paddy. I mean I’ve supported Everton for the best part of 40 years, I’ve witnessed the great and the absolute worse. I’ve gone around the country when we went a full season without winning, not once did I ever go into them games expecting us to get beat.

The question was simple, as it was discussed in the manager thread. It’s not the ones who dislike the manager who are making these statements, but the ones who support him.

In my opinion these are the worse type of fans, the ones who expect us to get beat months before the ball is actually kicked.

Try not to be so angry, its a simple open discussion
Fair enough mate, just seems we've got some fans taking benitez managing the other lot a bit too far. By a bit too far I mean massively. We should be gong into every single game to win. Up until that first goal yesterday I was convinced we were gonna nick it. A couple of players switched off yet instantly the usual are calling for Benitez to get sacked.

Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

View attachment 139447

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.
So expectations have only lowered following our bench yesterday?

Expectations have been low since the managers appointment with even posters raving about him have said top 14 is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.