Expected Defeats

What have Everton become

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsno-chris

Player Valuation: £90m
With many claiming a draw would be a marvellous result prior to yesterdays game, we are now being told that we should expect a defeat against Utd and just move on.

Is this what we’ve now become

Apologies for not casting a vote.

Your poll, like most threads in this forum of late leaves no room for a reasonable, middle ground.

Everton should never just 'accept defeat' as we are historically a massive club.

Sensible fans, however, realise that sometimes defeats happen because you know, the other team is just better or get the breaks at critical times.

So no, I don't accept defeat as inevitable against the self-appointed Big 6. But then I don't get annoyed unless the defeat was brought about by our own players stupidity.

I don't expect us to roll over, but realistically we're getting dry bummed. Because that squad is horrific.

40 points is the target this season, said it in the match thread the other week and got laughed at but it's 100% true - we have an atrocious squad scattered with bits of quality that are enough to win the odd game. We won't/shouldn't go down but you've seen what a few injuries does to us yesterday.

Alas, it is now our place as those beautiful, fleeting days when Don Carlo reminded us who we were and dared to dream of what we could achieve have been washed away by the grim, pragmatic rain of Agent Beneathus' drive for 17th and survival.

Villa are the definition of a bang average mid table team and we had people thinking we should be trying for a draw? Our aspirations are sinking massively. I wonder why.....

I don't expect us to roll over, but realistically we're getting dry bummed. Because that squad is horrific.

40 points is the target this season, said it in the match thread the other week and got laughed at but it's 100% true - we have an atrocious squad scattered with bits of quality that are enough to win the odd game. We won't/shouldn't go down but you've seen what a few injuries does to us yesterday.

I reckon we need 7 more players to have a decent squad. 4 of them need to be first teamers. We will comfortably survive but if we have injuries this bad all season its going to be a painful watch.

Villa are the definition of a bang average mid table team and we had people thinking we should be trying for a draw? Our aspirations are sinking massively. I wonder why.....

Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

1632047968651.png

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.

Not that black and white sadly, but we should always have a go and at least get in the opposition's faces, no matter who we are playing.

Look at the team and bench we can put out, depending on injuries and suspensions, due to having a paper thin squad, and adjust your perceptions and expectations accordingly.

I always want to see us playing on the front foot and having a go - too often recently Everton have been beaten before a balls been kicked, but I wasn't confident yesterday after seeing the starting 11 and bench, and would have took a draw all day.

As long as we try and have a go, whoever we are playing, I'll be ok with that.

Most teams would really fancy their chances against the 11 players we put out yesterday. To finish top 10 would be my target personally but wouldn't be surprised if we are a lot lower than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.