Expected Defeats

What have Everton become

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect us to roll over, but realistically we're getting dry bummed. Because that squad is horrific.

40 points is the target this season, said it in the match thread the other week and got laughed at but it's 100% true - we have an atrocious squad scattered with bits of quality that are enough to win the odd game. We won't/shouldn't go down but you've seen what a few injuries does to us yesterday.
But the squad is arguably better than the one we had last season so i struggle to get the 40 points target, unless of course you felt we were relegation candidates last year?

Quite a few games you know this defence isnt going to hold out. Its horrible when you go into every game thinking a clean sheet isnt likely to happen.

The club seems in a complete mess from top to bottom....

Hundreds of millions wasted by incompetent people at all levels of our club which has meant we cant spend anything, that could have set us back 3-5 years and potentially longer.

The stadium will help in lifting the roof of our Premier League spending rules or FFP. Even if I live for another 40 years I don`t think I will ever see Everton fighting for league titles or playing in the Champions League. This club is on the decline again, it has been since Martinez 1st season and although every defeat hurts the next day I`m like "It`s Everton isn`t it, what do we expect."

Sadly we are miles behind the likes of Man Utd, Man City, The RS, Chelsea then potentially Arsenal who can spend 100s of millions, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham and watch Villa. Villa are building their club just like Leicester did and while they are well down the road with their project we are yet to put anything meaningful in place. We have become a mid table club, not to challenge for Champions League or be relegated and never to win a cup. The best we can hope for is to nick a UEFA Conference place or Europa league place.

For me knowing we aren`t going to challenge for anything takes the excitement out of every season, with the knowledge that at some point they will let us down royally. Next 2 games are QPR and Norwich!

Since our FA Cup final win in 1995 we have had 1 Cup Final appearance, the same as teams like West Ham, Watford, Tranmere, Sunderland, Stoke, Millwall, Leeds, Hull, Palace, Bradford and Bolton. Southampton, Cardiff and Newcastle have had 2 cup final appearances. 14 different teams have won domestic trophies which include Swansea, Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Middlesborough, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

My point is Everton is a failing club and has been for some time, that wont change over night no matter how much Moshiri throws at it, this is the evidence. We wont be challengers for anything before BMD is built or for years after it, somehow it is grained in to our mentality. I seen a documentary on Sunderland and their hard luck stories, try being an Evertonian!

Please dont read this post as negative, yes I`m down in the dumps because every time we see a shoot of positivity on the pitch it is quickly extinguished, some will point out we have taken 10 points from a possible 15 but we are yet to meet any of the top teams. My point is this failure will be hard to turn around, very hard indeed after so many years of it, Benitez probably isnt the man to bring that back and probably not the manager after that. BMD will be a big help but I just dont trust this board to spend it wisely or efficiently.

I would give up anything for any sort of success for Everton, unfortunately I`m not able and the decades of disappointment will continue.....

1632059128673.png

Not surprised that the cultists are pushing Benitez's "Small club mentality" into the support so they can hold him up as their new messiah.

It will be interesting to see how defensive we set up for that and what the excuses will be after.
They want a manager to hug them, provide them comfort and tell them everything will be ok.

We’ve put Moyes’ knife away, we’re now taking a wet newspaper to the gunfights and they’re absolutely fine with it.

We’ve already seen Utd written off as a defeat and we should be happy about it, it also seems like Norwich is being pushed as an expected loss

Because this is the team we fielded last night. Or specifically, this is the bench.

View attachment 139447

That's why expectations are low. That's yet another contender for the worst bench ever put out for a Premier League game by any side ever.

Thanks Marcel.
100% this! With any squad that (again!) can only name 7 or 8 subs, and to then have Kenny, Davies and Gordon come on to try and get something out of a game, you just know you are in trouble!

Take the best 5 playeds from any side in the Premier League and they’ll struggle.

We showed for an hour that we were fine against Villa, but the first goal, just collapsed us.

United will have a field day if Godfrey is at right back and Begovic is in goal. Can’t see how Rondon is getting his fitness that much better, if we’re expecting him to play 2 further games before United.

I’ll try to be optimistic, but I fear for us, if JJK starts.

Take the best 5 playeds from any side in the Premier League and they’ll struggle.

We showed for an hour that we were fine against Villa, but the first goal, just collapsed us.

United will have a field day if Godfrey is at right back and Begovic is in goal. Can’t see how Rondon is getting his fitness that much better, if we’re expecting him to play 2 further games before United.

I’ll try to be optimistic, but I fear for us, if JJK starts.

The advantage of Kenny starting is it means we can play Godfrey at CB. Begovic in goal is a worry.

You know who I'm referring to so stick your little game.

In truth I doubt they want us to lose but the attitude about the club (people blagging/crying they're refusing to go etc) is pathetic and it's no wonder we haven't won a bean in years with fans like that. I've never felt more disgusted at a section of our support. Some people on here should give up on football, it's clearly too damaging to their health.
How's about multi-quoting a few? Should be easy enough.

Not surprised that the cultists are pushing Benitez's "Small club mentality" into the support so they can hold him up as their new messiah.

It will be interesting to see how defensive we set up for that and what the excuses will be after.
If we play defensive football after what Benitez has said about us, for me his position will be untenable. I have enjoyed how we are set up apart from the first half of Burnley and the Villa game. If we can truly not compete for major honours then all I can hope for is to compete in every game by attacking from the start and never letting the other team walk all over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.