2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to dial down our expectations over the coming weeks when we play better teams given that the Calvert-:ewin injury robs us of a gfai=r chunk of our attacking threat.

We'll be doing well to get 5/7 points out of the next 4 games.
I agree. DCL is needed to weigh on defences
Thanks, mate, it is painfully obvious how true this is. Sadly, obesity is a serious issue because it is associated with poor mental health outcomes and reduced quality of life. Hopefully, once the manager stops projecting onto Rodriguez a balance can be found that will stop teams like Burnley from dominating us.?
Well, you're pretty much the fattest guy here then. Serious damage, no brain function except a weird sexual attraction to Colombians with weak calves
Yup. 4 league games is not enough. Carlo did much better last season, had us second at Christmas and look how that turned out.

We only bothered to play for the last half hour last night, but it was enough, a better team would have had us dead and buried by then.

I still can't watch words come out of his mouth.
Again. The season last year begun the last week of September. Makes being top at Christmastime a bit less impressive.

He's doing great. I'm made up with the start. I don't know how many times I have to say that. We should actually be top with maximum points because we deserved to win the Leeds game too.

But you should still be able to point out errors he makes, the same as anybody else. He is not untouchable
I don't disagree at all.

I'd just argue that rectifying the issue within the game in a way that leads us to victory cancels out the initial error.

Indeed, seeing an Everton manager light enough on his feet (metaphorically, of course) to change the game like that is more exciting to me than if he'd started with 2 centre backs and not had to make the switch.

He's probing the squad, testing out variations to see what works and adjusting when things don't. He's building a library of options.

Ha ha

I'd prefer a manager who's game plan doesn't involve going 1-0 behind at home so he can change the system
Flat back four with Allan and Dacoure, should be enough to contain and keep out AntiFootball. We invited them on as they had plan for wing play, we had no real options in open play until Gomes came on and we started to open them up.

Imagine the quality of James...

We need to dial down our expectations over the coming weeks when we play better teams given that the Calvert-Lewin injury robs us of a fair chunk of our attacking threat.

We'll be doing well to get 5/7 points out of the next 4 games.

Has it been suggested anywhere that DCL is out for any actual stretch of time?

People keep saying 3 at the back was wrong against Burnley but the way they play going long to two big galoots up top you can see why he wanted an extra body in there to defend the 2nd ball.

We certainly need 3 in the midfield when we have the lionshare of the ball which he changed it to and the crowd need to do their bit as well as was a poor atmosphere tbh always is against bottom 6 or so sides who fans expect us to roll over 4-0.
I think they play a bit more intelligently than simple long balls. I do think the 3 man defence stifled is a bit but we had a couple of decent chances towards the end of the half and I think he would have switched the formation early 2nd half anyway. I’m just happy with the attitude of the team. Some of the football last night was streaky but we really took control after the equaliser. I’m enjoying it, the manager and the players deserve credit for the way we have started the season.

He should have started with either a 442 or 433 or 4231 with Keane and Mina the CBS to counter their threat in the air. He had options available to play all 3

We do not suit a back 3/5.

And yes I believe he did change it because they scored. I thought he'd make the change at half time like he did Southampton, and I reckon he probably thought about it as it was clear the system wasn't working.
Problem is if we started 442 last night we have less options if something isnt right and we need to.change.
It's very hard to say he got something wrong in a game we we 3 1

I know we won comfortably in the end but Rafael got it wrong big time. 5 at the back has been tried by both his predecessors and they got limited success. However to play 5 at the back with Mina and Keane together was just asking for trouble. Luckily Burnley are poor and didn't take advantage of the fact we basically let them run the game for an hour.

I didn't want him but now he's here he has my support however although it ended well more decisions like that and I will be questioning again.

His next problem is Richarlison as both Gray and Townsend deserve to start. At the minute DCL is injured and Rondon is getting up to speed but if he continues to play as he is he will be benched if we play 4-3-3 when DCL is fit again. He needs to get him concentrating on doing his job not rolling around the floor.

I think Keanes goal may cloud some opinion but hopefully he reverts to a back 4 with Mina and Godfrey. Next decision does he go 4-4-2 and put Rondon up top with Richarlison or does he go 4-3-3 and bring Gomes in.

If he gets these decisions correct he will win over more and more of the fan base. As I said I didn't want but I'm willing to back.

I wasnt sure about how his appointment would go down . But watching his passion and professionalism on the sideline and post match interview . Let alone his ability to make the change and impact the game. Very refreshing.
I’m the same. The way I see it is that he is an ultimate professional. I don’t need the manager to declare himself having blue blood, if we wanted that we could have had ferguson or unsworth. I’m know he is treating this as a job, a professional job; but he is saying the right things, obviously working with the team on the training ground, and has installed work ethic which is showing on the pitch.
At the end of the day it’s on the pitch that matters - not the signings, not former employers - and so far this looks he is getting it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.