2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez showing us how it's done. He keeps himself at 5 percent fitness, no movement and at 150 percent weight so he can keep going the entire year without risk of injury or fatigue...
Thanks, mate, it is painfully obvious how true this is. Sadly, obesity is a serious issue because it is associated with poor mental health outcomes and reduced quality of life. Hopefully, once the manager stops projecting onto Rodriguez a balance can be found that will stop teams like Burnley from dominating us.?

He didnt get anything wrong last night, the first half was grim to watch but a game is 90 minutes.
It's about a game plan, and it was spot on last night.

People keep saying 3 at the back was wrong against Burnley but the way they play going long to two big galoots up top you can see why he wanted an extra body in there to defend the 2nd ball.

We certainly need 3 in the midfield when we have the lionshare of the ball which he changed it to and the crowd need to do their bit as well as was a poor atmosphere tbh always is against bottom 6 or so sides who fans expect us to roll over 4-0.

Will have been a good example for him of the players not translating what he’s worked on at the training ground into the match day. They’ve done this with loads of managers, Eve try thing seems great in training then come match day a huge drop off in intensity, almost all of our previous managers have complained about it.

Im sure Benitez wanted the full backs to push high, to use the ball intelligently, Docuoure to push forward, Richalrison to hold it up. Instead the full backs just gave the ball away every time they got it, Richalrison couldn’t trap a bag of cement and Docuoure was just wall passing backwards the odd time he did manage to control it.

Benitez was right in his post match interview, yes maybe the formation change helped but it’s the attitude of the players. Too many times they just waltz out to start a game not really in the right frame of mind to stamp their authority on it and win it.

We bneed to dial down our expectations over the coming weeks when we play better teams given that the Calvert-:ewin injury robs us of a gfai=r chunk of our attacking threat.

We'll be doing well to get 5/7 points out of the next 4 games.
Dave, please stick to the deradicalisation programme. Their treacherous code is seeping into your posts and could infect other posters! Please do not worry too much it is to be expected but it is probably best that I let Simon know.

Will have been a good example for him of the players not translating what he’s worked on at the training ground into the match day. They’ve done this with loads of managers, Eve try thing seems great in training then come match day a huge drop off in intensity, almost all of our previous managers have complained about it.

Im sure Benitez wanted the full backs to push high, to use the ball intelligently, Docuoure to push forward, Richalrison to hold it up. Instead the full backs just gave the ball away every time they got it, Richalrison couldn’t trap a bag of cement and Docuoure was just wall passing backwards the odd time he did manage to control it.

Benitez was right in his post match interview, yes maybe the formation change helped but it’s the attitude of the players. Too many times they just waltz out to start a game not really in the right frame of mind to stamp their authority on it and win it.
Coleman was pinned back by McNeil who was doubling up also with Taylor...Godfrey wasn't getting across to help out enough as he and the other two CBs were all gathered around Wood.

That was our problem in that first half.

Do you think he reacted to the Burnley goal? Really? That forced his hand?
Or are you saying we should of started with Gomes not Godfrey?
He should have started with either a 442 or 433 or 4231 with Keane and Mina the CBS to counter their threat in the air. He had options available to play all 3

We do not suit a back 3/5.

And yes I believe he did change it because they scored. I thought he'd make the change at half time like he did Southampton, and I reckon he probably thought about it as it was clear the system wasn't working.

I prefer a manager making changes when things aren't working out.... Instead of one blowing his coffee, dreaming of balmy Spanish cities
This has nothing to do with Carlo. That rat has fled. This is Benitez team now and I want us to succeed. That doesn't mean the manager gets a free ride though.

Status
Not open for further replies.