Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I havent seen anything from CA that we havent seen from Allardyce, Koeman or Silva. Currently sat 7th and will finish 9th-10th. No progress whatsoever!

Koeman finished 7th
Allardyce finished 8th
Silva finsihed 8th
CA finished last season 12th
This seasonwe are currently 7th but we will finish 9th/10th

THE FACTS ARE THERE!!! Obviously Koeman, Allardyce and Silva all had more of the deadwood we have just sold!!!

Mess of a club, cant wait till the new ground gets called in and rejected!!!

This F`in club
for what it’s worth this is the sort of bad knee jerk shouts I’m on about.
why can we never just be angry at a defeat or some bad form? why do utter doom monger martyrs have to say stuff like ‘I can’t wait until the new ground is called in and rejected’ It’s symptomatic of everything that was toxic about ‘old Ev’
THE FACTS ARE THERE!!! clown

King moves more than Gylfi, I don’t care how fit he is

It's like Carlo just couldn't drop Gylfi after the other day.

Mental.

If you're gonna play him, fine, but then play him in a system which worked the other day.

Bernard came on the other day and played well. Play him on the left if King's not ready and Iwobi isn't in-form.

He made some bizarre decisions today and you could tell straight away what would happen when we were all baffled by the line-up earlier.

You can't just throw players onto the pitch and expect them to do stuff. Especially not when it's a 5-man midfield of players who can't run, bar Doucoure.

we've put in 2 of the worst performances I've seen from an Everton side in the past 3 seasons while using that 4-3-2-1. Yes, it needs binning, and our manager - given the quality and experience he has - should not think that it was the right thing to do.

I have, plenty of times this year, cited a lack of depth as the issue. Even in that Newcastle (A) game, when he first and last used the system, we had a lot of key players out - fair enough.

But we didn't today. And it's on him.

Nah

Woeful today

Possibly on him.

But I won't be assuming that like you are, given the evidence of us being utter crap when he came and him being Carlo Ancelotti

It's possibly on our crap players and the necessity of rotation. I've seen way more evidence of our players being crap than I have of Carlo Ancelotti making the huge tactical mistake you are claiming as fact

Just get on with it boss, and let's see where he takes us

It can't be fun second guessing and doubting Carlo and James at every turn when they are only starting out. Much more enjoyable seeing the clear progress and looking forward.

Like I've said before I'll worry about the details when we are further in to his reign and I can no longer say it's down reluctant reliance on crap/average players

Right now. Nah. I think it sounds silly claiming He Needs to do this, or He shouldn't be doing that..

Our only good player good hooked as well. Shambolic tactics
There's just no defending him tonight.

That tonight was as bad a managerial performance as I saw under Koeman, Fat Sam or Silva.

Now that doesn't mean I am turning on Carlo. It doesn't mean I'm not thrilled that we've got him. It does mean that he has to do better though. It was outrageously bad.

What a way to end a weekend that was going so well.

Oh well, horrible to watch but it's one of those days that sporadically throw a stain on an otherwise promising campaign.

We move on lads.
Aye what can you do. Sounds easy, but just have to try to forget the bad results and don’t let it affect your mood and relationships too much.
Just had a lovely steak with red wine and will try to enjoy the rest of the evening.
Hopefully see a better showing against City

Dunno what's happened with Holgate but he's been absolutely brutal of late. He looks so complacent, lethargic and like he doesn't give a flying one. Has given away possession, lazily, so often over the last while it's unreal, not to mention his lazy pushes and fouls when up against someone running at him. Needs a long spell out to send a rocket up his arse.

Leicester were excellent, Man Utd were excellent, Spurs were excellent and Fulham were excellent. (managers and pundits words). Bit of a pattern emerging showing we allow teams to play, we allow teams too much space. (I am talking about overall play not results)
Been a concern of mine for a long time.

backwards side ways, hoof it, lose it, concede chance, get ball, backwards and sideways.... repeat
That's what drives me crazy. Go down two goals and still don't start trying to play in their half until 75 mins. We gave up two goals and there was still no urgency and no desire to cross the halfway line. They just kept passing it around the back and then back to Olsen who would kick it to Fulham.

With the kind of form Newcastle are in they definitely go in to the game as favourites. Everton love gifting 3 points to teams that haven't been able to buy a point in weeks.
Newcastle's form going in to the Everton game
LDLLDLLLLLL

Fulham's form going in to the Everton game
DDDDLLDDLD

I think we all know where this is heading.
I'm not saying Everton are predictable but when a game has 'easy win' written all over it also has 'Everton that' as a sub-heading.

We could be in 4th with 2 games in hand if we could win the easy games.

Nah

Woeful today

Possibly on him.

But I won't be assuming that like you are, given the evidence of us being utter crap when he came and him being Carlo Ancelotti

It's possibly on our crap players and the necessity of rotation. I've seen way more evidence of our players being crap than I have of Carlo Ancelotti making the huge tactical mistake you are claiming as fact

Just get on with it boss, and let's see where he takes us

It can't be fun second guessing and doubting Carlo and James at every turn when they are only starting out. Much more enjoyable seeing the clear progress and looking forward.

Like I've said before I'll worry about the details when we are further in to his reign and I can no longer say it's down reluctant reliance on crap/average players

Right now. Nah. I think it sounds silly claiming He Needs to do this, or He shouldn't be doing that..

We needed to beat Fulham. That's all that mattered.

He played a team that couldn't beat a pub side.

We weren't crippled by injuries or suspensions. We had one regular starter out.

Keep things simple and this team does okay. Overcomplicate it, and it doesn't - and yes, a big part of that is a fair chunk of the players not being up to scratch.

But there's zero difference from Carlo playing five central midfielders in the same team than there was with Koeman playing 4 number 10s in his front fours.

Status
Not open for further replies.