Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think telling Carlo Ancelotti that his plans need booting works no

I'll worry about them IF, and I think its a big if, he is another season in or more with more signings and we are posting any more than a couple of one off woeful performances like that

we've put in 2 of the worst performances I've seen from an Everton side in the past 3 seasons while using that 4-3-2-1. Yes, it needs binning, and our manager - given the quality and experience he has - should not think that it was the right thing to do.

I have, plenty of times this year, cited a lack of depth as the issue. Even in that Newcastle (A) game, when he first and last used the system, we had a lot of key players out - fair enough.

But we didn't today. And it's on him.

We’re going to end up qualifying for the rinky dink Europa conference by default. Just know it. And end up going to the back of beyond for meaningless games next season which stretch a weak squad too thin. We need to make Europa league or finish lower than whatever position gets you into that

We dont press teams in their half, we havent the players or the system to combat teams' high press against us. We get penned in our own half, like tonight and like endless other examples under carlo. We lack swift passing, which is what allows you to break the press. I have seen no signs since carlo took over that he has much of a tactical idea on how break this cycle, other than play 4 centre backs along the line, soak up loads of pressure and HOPE you get a lucky goal on the break or from a set piece/wide cross. It's honestly not much of an improvement on fat sam or Silva. Everyone knows Fulham play like that, they've been doing it most of the season with no luck. We are a bad bunch of players who are poorly and negatively coached.

Our aim for the season should be 60 points for me. That would have got us 6th place last year and I think it’s going to be even tighter this year.

If we can get 60 I would be confident that gives us a European place which I think is crucial to attracting the players that Carlos name might give us the chance to attract.

If we do not get Europe this season I genuinely worry about our ability to use the Ancelotti name to its fullest extent.

To call us lethargic makes us sound too energetic!
Tom Davies MoM for me, he was all over the pitch while he was on. I would have left him on the pitch and taken James off but what do I know. Mason Holgate has to be singled out as our worst player, gave the ball away too many times and let his man in for the first goal. Anyway tomorrow's another day, onwards and upwards Blues, forget this one.
If the Everton players were fined £50 off their wages for every time that they passed sideways and backwards then they would hardly earn anything for this game
Just as well that there are no fans as they would have booed them off
Never have we had a better incentive either with games in hand and that other team from across the park faltering
I am Seventy years old and have watched Everton since 1954 Including the greats of the sixties and the eightees
Oh to remember the days when five forwards drove up on the attack
I will die supporting the club but not this lot

TBH I havent seen anything from CA that we havent seen from Allardyce, Koeman or Silva. Currently sat 7th and will finish 9th-10th. No progress whatsoever!

Koeman finished 7th
Allardyce finished 8th
Silva finsihed 8th
CA finished last season 12th
This seasonwe are currently 7th but we will finish 9th/10th

THE FACTS ARE THERE!!! Obviously Koeman, Allardyce and Silva all had more of the deadwood we have just sold!!!

Mess of a club, cant wait till the new ground gets called in and rejected!!!

This F`in club

Mate, Carlo's win ratio is 51% The highest since Howard Kendall.

What where his options mate ?

What were his options??

We had one player - who has been playing regularly recently at least - out -- that was Dom.

The options were clear. Keep the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

4-3-3 means James in on the right, Iwobi or King or Bernard on the left and Rich down the middle.

If he really, really thought Gylfi absolutely must play, then play 4-2-3-1 with Gylfi at '10' and have James in reserve, or James on the right and someone with more pace on the left.

If we were down to bare bones and only had those five players who started in midfield fit, I'd get it. But we didn't - we had three attacking players with a bit of pace and skill in King, Iwobi and Bernard - sat on the bench, and then when it clearly didn't work, he didn't change it until we were a goal down.

Status
Not open for further replies.