Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think CL was ever really on the cards in all reality so therefore we haven’t bottled it. We’ve played badly on numerous occasions and won.
Individuals got found out tonight.
Well although they mightn't have expected it in September but you cant help but think if your a part of the squad you've got to believe you can make the champions league when you look at how close we are and how many points we have wasted, especially at home. If they don't believe in themselves we may as well pack up and go home, you play to win everything not qualify for the Europa league

Well done to Scott Parker and Fulham, they fully deserved their win; outplayed Everton and showed more desire and drive.

Not going to all-out blame the Everton players for that performance, as I believe Ancelotti got it completely wrong. Why on Earth he thought it would be a good idea to play Colemen against someone as quick and tricky as Lookman is beyond me. It was a disappointing performance by us but not wholly unexpected, and, as always, the meltdown on here is delicious. Now bring on Man City!

Tom Davies was MotM for me and, IMHO, should not have been subbed off.

We do love a knee jerk reaction here though don’t we

We’ve just been outclassed at home to 18th placed Fulham mate everyone has a right to be peed off I’d say. I can take defeat. But at least go down fighting and show some spirit. We didn’t and it’s not the first time we’ve seen this at home this season. If it had been maybe it could be classed as knee jerk but not for me today. It’s a heartbreaking performance that.

Maybe your right but some of these players have played at top level and international level most of there careers. Baffling. Gomes and Sigurdsson just go through the motions and start playing the same type of pass or ball every time. Sigurdsson with that lofted pass that goes nowhere and Gomes across the park. Predictable as the day turns tonight.
Well in reference to your first point Gomes has been sold by top teams and dropped from Portugal as they've realized he stinks and Gylfi plays for Iceland so that is a levels thing but Spurs binned him quickly too.

We do love a knee jerk reaction here though don’t we
It's not a knee jerk reaction from everyone. We've played that way a lot in the last few years. The team has very little pace, and so to play that midfield left us susceptible to being overrun by their faster players, and so it proved.

A truly abysmal performance.

Second best all-night, never looked able to turn things around.

15mins to go and we play like we are comfortably ahead - slowly and backwards.

Holgate's passing is terrible. Coleman is anxious and hesitant. The only player who put in a decent performance was Davies.

I'm not going to get too mad despite another wasted opportunity as I think it'll take a while to change the mentality within the club.

I'm not looking forward to the next two fixtures it must be said.

TBH I havent seen anything from CA that we havent seen from Allardyce, Koeman or Silva. Currently sat 7th and will finish 9th-10th. No progress whatsoever!

Koeman finished 7th
Allardyce finished 8th
Silva finsihed 8th
CA finished last season 12th
This seasonwe are currently 7th but we will finish 9th/10th

THE FACTS ARE THERE!!! Obviously Koeman, Allardyce and Silva all had more of the deadwood we have just sold!!!

Mess of a club, cant wait till the new ground gets called in and rejected!!!

This F`in club

I wonder if Carlo's football tactics were in that black safe that got stolen after tonight - awful performance matched with crap substitutions keen on when we were 1-0 down Davies our best midfielder taken off?.......
Joey that ranks with one of the worst performances I have seen in 63 years

I dont think telling Carlo Ancelotti that his plans need booting works no

I'll worry about them IF, and I think its a big if, he is another season in or more with more signings and we are posting any more than a couple of one off woeful performances like that
It’s not a one off though is it? We’ve lost deservedly at home to Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham and now Fulham because we’ve no answer to high press teams

Status
Not open for further replies.