Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Front foot for this one, they are utter dreck we need to pressure them continuously push right up. None of this sitting back against these.
Olsen
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
Davies Doucoure
James
Iwobi DCL Richarlison

the 4 CB across the back ha been good when the match called for it and it will rightly be used again
This game will I think be different
Olsen

Coleman
Keane
Mina
Digne

Doucoure
Davies
Siggy

James
DCL
Ricarlison

This should be the team, except I’d be playing Iwobi ahead of Richarlison based on form. Gomes to come on for the last 25 and grab another assist.

We are going into a run of fixtures now that everything went to the horrors earlier on in the season...

Lay down a marker time.

Early kick-off against a team fighting for points..... please fill your boots Richarlison and DCL.

I think @ForeverBlue92 is right - while he gets in the way of DCL's best, we need to go to two up top and play Richarlison more centrally to get him out of the slump.

I'm less sure that we should be shoehorning Digne in at left mid in front of the current back four, but it's worth a shot.

4-3-1-2 for me with Iwobi, Doucoure and Digne in midfield, and Rodriguez playing centrally as the Route One target on the counter. That gets our current best XI on the pitch.

Much as it pains me, I think we go Pickford in goal because bringing Olsen in is bad man management that sends the wrong message.
Do one Pickford is the only message worth sending. Never want to see him again. North East really is more suitable for him. With his own kind licking chip shop windows, thinking it is the funniest thing ever.

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
James Doucoure Gomes Iwobi
Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Pickford Lossl Kenny Holgate Digne Davies Sigurdsson Bernard Gordon

With the kind of form Newcastle are in they definitely go in to the game as favourites. Everton love gifting 3 points to teams that haven't been able to buy a point in weeks.
Screenshot_20210128-223102_SofaScore.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.