Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at home against a very poor side who are on a dreadful run of form. We know what usually happens however in this case, as we have already contrived to lose against them, let’s go to town on them. Rack up a cricket score and help address our goal difference.
5-0 if Olsen plays. 4-2 if Pickford does.

This game is crucial for giving us momentum carrying on this busy set of fixtures. Depends on Carlos thinking but I wouldn't be too surprised if we see Doucoure and Gylfi come in to the team in place of Gomes and Davies keeping it fresh. Think we will see him revert back to Digne at LB and the team might be-
Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Iwobi Doucoure Siggurdson Richarlison
Rodriguez
Calvert Lewin

As long as were on form we should do well and i think a good performance like those at the start of season with a nice score line could be the perfect momentum builder as well as a sign to the rest of the league as the early kick off to show that were still up there. My team is harsh on dropping Godfrey and Holgate but rotation is crucial and hopefully makes coleman and digne realise a good performance is needed with them two always ready to take their places.

Hopeful for a 4-1 win.

I think @ForeverBlue92 is right - while he gets in the way of DCL's best, we need to go to two up top and play Richarlison more centrally to get him out of the slump.

I'm less sure that we should be shoehorning Digne in at left mid in front of the current back four, but it's worth a shot.

4-3-1-2 for me with Iwobi, Doucoure and Digne in midfield, and Rodriguez playing centrally as the Route One target on the counter. That gets our current best XI on the pitch.

Much as it pains me, I think we go Pickford in goal because bringing Olsen in is bad man management that sends the wrong message.
Keep Pickford in, because if you don't its giving in to horse puncher pressure...and the only message it sends is we don't have a decent goalie.
Drop him and the only message it sends is we don't have a decent goalie.

On the other hand, has Olsen made many mistakes?

Newcastle haven't had a win for...well who knows, who cares,
Who do you want up next when you need a favour?
The County Rd Casuals, that's who, we're the footballing arm of EitC, doing good charitable deeds for every one.
Your £40M strikers hardly scored...Jooooelinton - COME ON DOWN.

Pipe these down Ancelotti

I sincerely hope that our frustration is well and truly taken out all over Newcastle's faces.

That match on Wednesday was truly painful to watch, and it's sucked so much not being able to field something resembling a fully fit xi for months.

Unfortunately this is also exactly the type of game for us to get humbled in.

Please win ffs.

This is the game to break up the 4 centre half defence I reckon. Looking back at the West Ham game, we were crying out for width and creativity from full back areas and I’d imagine Newcastle are going to look to sit deep and keep it tight and narrow.

Digne LB with Richarlison ahead of him creating space for each other, Doucoure back in the middle for some much needed legs and Hamez spraying his lovely balls. Easy this management lark.
I'd start Iwobi too. Godfrey or Holgate at RB. That way you get sort of a 3-2-5 in attack with James dropping in between the lines and doing all kind of nasty things. That should be good for 3 goals at least.

I look forward to kick off and to ....

Erw8r1AXUAIoPzZ

This game last season is the most appalling game i've ever been to.
oh Lord..., you were there...Lord have mercy... I was fuming for days, still can't comprehend how it was possible, to concede 2 with a side that didn't create anything during the game(or maybe confusing with 3-2 in March 2019o_O), but still, it was fricking Pickford with the second goal again, so please Olson this time

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.