Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand why you've done that but hoping this is the match Richarlison turns it around.

Also fancy them to sit back so Digne might be better coming from deep.

My fear is that Richarlison has had about ten games to turn it around while Digne and Iwobi have both been creating chances and keeping hold of the ball. If any other player had been this bad for ten games, there would be no calls for him to start.

My fear is that Richarlison has had about ten games to turn it around while Digne and Iwobi have both been creating chances and keeping hold of the ball. If any other player had been this bad for ten games, there would be no calls for him to start.
That's fair. But I think we persist because of the goals he's shown he's got in him. I'm keeping the faith!

This is the team i think Carlo will go for

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Digne
Doucoure Sigurdsson
Iwobi James Richarlison

DCL

Mina and Godfrey are due a rest and i think the attacking full backs will be brought out for this. I doubt think he will drop Pickford as he's loyal and knows it will create an unwanted distraction. I can definitely see him play Olsen much more going forward.

These were much improved against Leeds. They ditched Carroll and Joelinton and were much quicker and energetic for it.
St Maximin is back and he gives defenders nightmares.

The best way to beat them is to dominate possession and smother them, so a 4-3-3 for me with James in the middle with Doucoure and Gomes. Put pressure on them and they will crack.

Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Eddie Smart.
Fourth official: Craig Pawson.
VAR: Kevin Friend.
Assistant VAR: Simon Beck.

-------------------------------------
And Everton to win 2-0

I think @ForeverBlue92 is right - while he gets in the way of DCL's best, we need to go to two up top and play Richarlison more centrally to get him out of the slump.

I'm less sure that we should be shoehorning Digne in at left mid in front of the current back four, but it's worth a shot.

4-3-1-2 for me with Iwobi, Doucoure and Digne in midfield, and Rodriguez playing centrally as the Route One target on the counter. That gets our current best XI on the pitch.

Much as it pains me, I think we go Pickford in goal because bringing Olsen in is bad man management that sends the wrong message.
No keep clangerman away from this one.Olson all the way.

Don’t want to see Holgate and Godfrey as full backs. These are crap and we need to create chances against them. Coleman and Digne as full backs, go to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 and go for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.