Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed to beat Fulham. That's all that mattered.

He played a team that couldn't beat a pub side.

We weren't crippled by injuries or suspensions. We had one regular starter out.

Keep things simple and this team does okay. Overcomplicate it, and it doesn't - and yes, a big part of that is a fair chunk of the players not being up to scratch.

But there's zero difference from Carlo playing five central midfielders in the same team than there was with Koeman playing 4 number 10s in his front fours.

No that's grand. Enjoy assuming you are right and Carlo dropped a clanger

Each to their own

Fair play to Fulham. Better in every aspect of that game. We were useless. Every single player should feel ashamed. Clueless. Hand back your salaries this week and put it up as a reward for the scum who burgled Carlo.

Just as if Parker watched the Newcastle game and had rehearsed it all week. Bit of movement between his attackers and all our players seem to get a bit dizzy thinking about it.

Weird with Eve. I swear you can tell from the first 5 minutes how the game is gonna go. I watched the first 25 mins then switched it off. No need to put myself through the inevitable...

Surprised we picked so many who featured extensively in mid-week?

There's just no defending him tonight.

That tonight was as bad a managerial performance as I saw under Koeman, Fat Sam or Silva.

Now that doesn't mean I am turning on Carlo. It doesn't mean I'm not thrilled that we've got him. It does mean that he has to do better though. It was outrageously bad.
How many times after games have we said this about carlo?

Is it not time that after another WOEFUL performance against a supposed weaker team, at home aswell, that serious questions aren't being asked on why we have dropped 12 points at home and put in a conference performance 4 times this season. Something is seriously wrong when a team knows that all they have to do to beat us is press us high, run and pass quicker than us and it's game over.

We aren't being coached properly regarding offensive tactics. It's all too basic.

Seriously, what one earth was that formation and team selection tonight? We all gulped when we saw it announced.
All managers make mistakes, no matter how great they are. And Carlo has made a colossal error tonight.
That starting 11 wouldn't have carved a clear cut opportunity out if the game was 180 minutes long.
Zero pace, aside from Richy.
What on earth was Carlo thinking?

Love Seamus,great fella and servant but to me every time he has started this season he has been an accident waiting to happen,teams are targeting him these days,we either need a top drawer right back in the summer or at least persevere with Holgate there until the season's end.

There's just no defending him tonight.

That tonight was as bad a managerial performance as I saw under Koeman, Fat Sam or Silva.

Now that doesn't mean I am turning on Carlo. It doesn't mean I'm not thrilled that we've got him. It does mean that he has to do better though. It was outrageously bad.

First time I think he had a proper mare. I dont tend to criticise him. In fact I think 95% of the criticism of the manager this season has been a nonsense.

Tonight I was just baffled by almost everything

Why did he drop both first choice centre backs

Why did Sigurdsson start through the middle

Why were both Iwobi and King left out

Why did Gomes Sigurdsson and James all start

Why did Coleman start behind James

Why did we wait to go behind before changing it

Why was Holgate not subbed

Why was Davies, our only competitive midfielder hooked

If Allan was fit to be a sub, why was he not brought on

Why did we at no point start playing long to get up the pitch

Why did we start both halves so lethargic and half arsed?

Why were we taking short flipping corners!!!! lol

Players and managers make mistakes, it's part of the game.

However. We pay our manager £9m a season not to make mistakes of that magnitude more than once.

I'm furious at him today. Love him to bits, he's one of the best things to happen to us in about 20 years, but Jesus Christ, be better.
He’s made the same mistake at home against at least 3 different teams but he’s also made changes and approached games in a way that has won us points and he has unquestionable pedigree - got done by Scot Parker tonight - get up em apples and pears

Status
Not open for further replies.