Not open for further replies.
Why didnt we start a line up with pace?
Something along lines of:

Olsen
Coleman/holgate Kean Godfrey Digne
Doucs Davies
Iwobi James Richy
King

We were home to a team 10 pts adrift in the relegation zone and 2nd lowest goals scored fgs and we lay in and tried to block rather than imposing us on them.

James was rubbish but by god he mustve looked at our shape and system after 20mins and wondered what the hell he had signed up for.

Not the first time we've pulled out the exact same performance against the same poor level of opposition but we still set up in the same way.
Same as not making changes at HT, there seems to be a stubbornness with Carlo when his set up isnt performing in first halfs that he thinks a HT teamtalk will change and the shape isnt the problem.
The 2nd kills the game and the changes after were too late, and in bringing a dildo (Bernard) to a gunfight he might as well have turned around and shook Parkers hand and went up the tunnel.

for what it’s worth this is the sort of bad knee jerk shouts I’m on about.
why can we never just be angry at a defeat or some bad form? why do utter doom monger martyrs have to say stuff like ‘I can’t wait until the new ground is called in and rejected’ It’s symptomatic of everything that was toxic about ‘old Ev’
THE FACTS ARE THERE!!! clown
It was a sarcastic cant wait, I dont really mean I want that to happen do I.... But CA record is comparible to the others I have mentioned

Everton 0 - 1 West Ham
Everton 0 - 2 Newcastle
Everton 0 - 2 Fulham

What the actual F has happened to us to produce those performances at home?

So many years have been full of 'what if' moments - if we won this, drew this, scored this - we'd just be in 4th, 5th, would have been in the semis, etc etc.
Look at those games and imagine even if we got 3, 4, 5 points out of 9 where we'd be. Yes we've got a thin squad and still a few poorer, inconsistent players, but can they not squeeze a draw or two out of crap teams? i knew we'd lose today, but then thought, no it's different with Don Carlo. Is it Coleman? He's the only one left now from the old mentality, but he's one of our hardest working players, but is he enough for us now? Is it a captain in the middle? I think really it's a captain we are missing, and in other threads we've talked about a captain who defends our players, talks to the ref, picks up the younger ones, gets people into position etc, not just pointing like Siggy, and not just setting a good example, like Coleman.

I know you wouldn't it put me through such humiliation but it seems @Death thinks I'm worth of it :(
giphy.gif

Seriously, what one earth was that formation and team selection tonight? We all gulped when we saw it announced.
All managers make mistakes, no matter how great they are. And Carlo has made a colossal error tonight.
That starting 11 wouldn't have carved a clear cut opportunity out if the game was 180 minutes long.
Zero pace, aside from Richy.
What on earth was Carlo thinking?

Richy isn’t fast......
This season Richy hasn’t really been anything.
If Barcelona are really going to pay silly money for him we should be grabbing it. He doesn’t have a single stand out attribute and when the chips are down - I think - he lacks a bit of bottle. He looked a better player when we first signed him from Watford. At the moment he looks like he lost 2 yards of pace and like I said he wasn’t fast in the first place.

Why didnt we start a line up with pace?
Something along lines of:

Olsen
Coleman/holgate Kean Godfrey Digne
Doucs Davies
Iwobi James Richy
King

We were home to a team 10 pts adrift in the relegation zone and 2nd lowest goals scored fgs and we lay in and tried to block rather than imposing us on them.

James was rubbish but by god he mustve looked at our shape and system after 20mins and wondered what the hell he had signed up for.

Not the first time we've pulled out the exact same performance against the same poor level of opposition but we still set up in the same way.
Same as not making changes at HT, there seems to be a stubbornness with Carlo when his set up isnt performing in first halfs that he thinks a HT teamtalk will change and the shape isnt the problem.
The 2nd kills the game and the changes after were too late, and in bringing a dildo (Bernard) to a gunfight he might as well have turned around and shook Parkers hand and went up the tunnel.

The thing is here that James is 'allowed' to be rubbish with 7 assists and 5 goals so far, but more importantly it's the other players who only turn up for some matches that worry me. Especially Siggy, Iwobi now. Holgate, Godfrey in the middle looked powerful and strong, but the team looked ok on paper, I just can't understand ever Siggy and James both playing together because I don't think Siggy is good at playing in a disciplined way, and we can't afford him to try to take up space and slow the pace ..it has to go through James if he's in the team.

Well although they mightn't have expected it in September but you cant help but think if your a part of the squad you've got to believe you can make the champions league when you look at how close we are and how many points we have wasted, especially at home. If they don't believe in themselves we may as well pack up and go home, you play to win everything not qualify for the Europa league
I don’t think a lot of the players genuinely did believe it. I think they are conditioned to take one game at a time.
All I’m saying is We were never getting into CL, looking at our squad and knowing what’s around you in terms of quality it is common sense to most...
It’s not even helpful for your own emotions as a fan to think it.
Europa is our realistic aim it always was, when people get realistic, they will not be so down when we lose.
That said tonight I am pissed because we really were crap!!!

Just forget this game as soon as possible. Chalk it up to a trap game in the middle of all these fixtures, coming off two emotional games, and move on

honestly they played today like no one wanted to put too much effort in before City. Awful. But it’s over

Move on

We are a one man team
Really! Not even DCL would have made the difference today, our midfield is our issue, we simply don't have the midfield pace, strength or desire in that 3rd. What really bothered me about tonight is that, we have a chance to kick on, go level with bunch of wasters across the park but apart from Tom Davies, there was simply no fight and no fire, never once did I see or hear anyine having a pop at other players, not once.

We go again, but this was a real missed opportunity, all results went for us this weekend and we didn't take that chance. That what irks!

We go again!

COYB TOFFEE FOREVER

The thing is here that James is 'allowed' to be rubbish with 7 assists and 5 goals so far, but more importantly it's the other players who only turn up for some matches that worry me. Especially Siggy, Iwobi now. Holgate, Godfrey in the middle looked powerful and strong, but the team looked ok on paper, I just can't understand ever Siggy and James both playing together because I don't think Siggy is good at playing in a disciplined way, and we can't afford him to try to take up space and slow the pace ..it has to go through James if he's in the team.

The midfield was full of gaps
No one could carry the ball forward
Service to the front players was non existent.
We couldn’t cope with their press
The full backs didn’t offer much width.
They fought for everything.

awful night at the office - Carlo won’t need me or anyone else to tell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.