Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, how would a return to this season, when it's safe, approved by insurers, the PFA and the Gov cost more lives???

I expect you won't be able to answer with logic, but look forward to it
They allowed Cheltenham go ahead ,that cost lives and will cost more
They allowed the scum to play Atletico Madrid in a packed sh1thole ,that will cost lives
The British Government is inept at best

It could be because after the First World War, the Spanish Flu had 2 waves, so people think this will. Plus if it slows down and people think it's gone and start going to mass gatherings again, it could start back up, a second wave.
The second wave of Spanish Flu was worse, obviously as a world we are cleaner...etc now but a 2nd wave is still a worry.
And there you have it

Players refusing to take a pay cut, clubs facing a £1BN black hole if the season isn’t finished during the summer, and people wonder why the game is desperate to try and shoe horn in some massively compromised finale to the season, under the guise of ‘integrity’ but being solely about the ££££.

The game at the top level is rotten to the core.

They allowed Cheltenham go ahead ,that cost lives and will cost more
They allowed the scum to play Atletico Madrid in a packed sh1thole ,that will cost lives
The British Government is inept at best

you're spot on & they shouldn't have happened & for sure you are being very generous with inept (although the boris in Hospital PR stunt is going well for them).

That said - whether this season is void or not; the scary prospect is they are going to be the ones giving the green light as to when it is safe to return to football, schools, concerts etc

so someone who played the scum twice and lost would be treated the same as someone who played norwich twice and won both
I was thinking more about us as we'd be about 5th/6th if you work it out.
Had a quick look and we'd be above Leicester, Manu would be above Chelsea.
So maybe not a good way to do it.

really fair points Kever & firstly, I doubt there is anyone on here who thinks football should be played before it is safe to do so. Your estimate of mid summer seems realistic and hopefully we will see some football by then & personally, I think if it gets to that point for sure this season will end up voided. If it goes on and presumably Liverpool don't pull off the most unbelievable bottle job of all time it will undoubtedly be tainted, although inevitably they will say otherwise.

what I have argued however....
1) Any form of void league is not straight forward, there will be legal disputes around TV, relegation, promotion, European spots & the titles across the 4 leagues.

2) all authorities are continuing to stick with the "show must go on" line; there are many on here saying it will be voided in the next few days, going back to mid March. My point has always been that that wont be the case, should it end up void, I don't think it is a decision that will come soon, but as the tide turns we get closer.

3) the lets get on with next season argument is not realistic. We are in unprecedented times & lots of evidence indicates we will be for some time; to argue void this year to make next year normal just doesn't add up for me
They have got previous in this regard to be fair to them

As someone who is in lockdown for at least the next 10 weeks, there is no way I'll be going to any football ground until at least August. I would seriously advise everyone to do the same. This season finished four weeks ago.
Exactly
As I said previously
When the pubs open I will not be bringing my 81 yr old mother out to a packed pub for sunday lunch
Too many unknowns about this virus and the number of predicted asymptomatic but contagious cases out there is frightening

I simply don't think it is. I've seen lots of people making the case, but very little evidence for why that is the case.

I mean it nicely, but the "solution" providing will bring up a multitude of legal challenges in a variety of different ways.I don't see any equivalent of that if the season were to be cancelled and voided.

I mean Belgium just cancelled and voided, has there been a single legal challenge? They have voided tier 5 and downwards, has there been a single legal challenge?

I think people confuse people being upset, with people having a firm legal case. You are not legally entitled to win a trophy. You are legally entitled to practice your trade and have commitments that have been made in contracts enforced.
Well the scum think they are
After all it does mean more

Status
Not open for further replies.