Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cancelled the leaving cert exams here in Ireland with students getting calculated grades. Due to happen end of July.
Not sure how far this is to the students (will open up a whole can of issues with college places etc) but shows the approaches in other countries to important things going ahead.

I can agree with much of this. I'm.old but young people under 40 are hardly affected. They should be able to carry on with their lives and make the money so taxes can be paid to fund pensions NHS etc. If my grand kids went back to work I would be still be seeing them but observe social distancing. I won't lock myself away more deaths from road traffic accidents. Should I give up driving or walking on a pavement. There is a chance you may still get covid but hopefully not. You as a person have to decide if you want to take that chance. People are saying I want people to die. I have never said that and I have saved a lot of people in my job. Not a hero just get paid to do that.
The government response has been criminal but we all know the review into it after this is over will be a whitewash.
I can understand if people have an underlying condition who are scared of this virus. I may have myself but not had my results yet as all cancer stuff was cancelled months ago.
That's my view. I don't see an enemy in anyone with different views cos that's is what today was all about. Freedom of expression..

I agree with a lot of this. It is not as black and white as stay home and save lives. There is a balancing act. Being locked down is no way to live and will cause impact on mental health and problems with domestic violence. Then you have the impact to the economy which will also have impact with increased poverty and again mental health. We need a plan to get the country moving again. If there is a strategy that can effectively shield the vulnerable to enable those willing to return to something resembling normality (with sensible social distancing measures where possible) then it should be explored. The plan can’t just be the batten down the hatches and hope for a vaccine that might not come anytime soon if at all.

An email from Denise.
Well said

I hope you and your loved ones have been keeping well throughout this difficult time.

This period has seen all of us reflecting more than perhaps we ever have done before – including memories of our great football club through some of our recent anniversaries.

In such a fast-paced industry, which reflects the society we live in, it is rare that we can take time to truly appreciate past achievements.

Indeed, last Friday marked the 35th anniversary of our European Cup Winners’ Cup triumph over Rapid Vienna in Rotterdam.

I really enjoyed watching this game again on our YouTube channel and savouring that famous 3-1 victory.

It feels especially fitting, as we recall Howard Kendall’s thrilling Everton team, that we have received a tremendously generous donation to support our planned People’s Place facility in the shadows of Goodison Park.

Phil Brown is an investor and executive producer of the Howard’s Way film which beautifully tells the story of Everton’s emergence as this country’s best team in the mid-1980s. He is allocating all proceeds from the film to The People’s Place. It is a wonderful gesture and I cannot thank Phil enough.

Funding will be needed for this dedicated mental health facility more than ever in the post-coronavirus world and I want to extend my thanks to you, too - and to every Evertonian - who has made a donation, attended an event, bought a brick on ‘Spellow Brick Lane’ or simply talked positively about our plans.

The Everton family has come together in the most challenging of times to support each other. It is truly humbling.

The Blue Family initiative has been running for eight weeks now and, through this campaign, we’ve supported almost 4,000 vulnerable and at-risk individuals and families.

We have made more than 2,000 check-in phone calls from staff, players and Club Ambassadors, delivered more than 1,000 emergency food parcels and provided bespoke care packages to more than 500 adults from the ages of 18-103.

I want to thank everyone who has been supporting the country’s efforts by observing the Government’s guidance on social distancing and adhering to other measures vital for protecting the NHS and saving lives.

And to those on the front line and in other key worker roles, I would like to say thank you again - on behalf of the Board of Directors and every Evertonian - for the inspirational work been doing during this sustained and incredibly challenging period of time.

Whilst a date has not yet been set for a return of football, it is clear that should we be able to fulfil our remaining fixtures for the 2019/20 campaign then these games will be played behind closed doors.

As I mentioned in my email to you over the Easter weekend, the Board of Directors agreed from the outset that, if this scenario unfolded, refunds would be available to all supporters who have bought match tickets, Season Tickets or places in our lounges.

On Wednesday this week, we will contact all fans affected with detailed information on how this process will work.

I can confirm fans will be able to request a refund, leave money in their account as a credit against future purchases or forgo part or all of their balance in order for the Club to donate that amount in full over to Everton in the Community.

We have introduced this option after so many of you responded to my last email and proposed the idea.

I read every email and was incredibly moved by your kindness and generosity.

We have also taken the decision to extend our Season Ticket renewal deadline for the 2020/21 season beyond 28 May and will advise you of the new deadline in due course. I can also assure you that if games for that season are affected in any way, then we will again do the right thing for those who have purchased Season Ticket Memberships or Lounge Memberships.

Finally, please keep up to date with the Government’s advice and guidance and please continue to follow them to keep you and your families safe.

Thank you again for everything you have done over recent weeks to support your loved ones, your fellow Evertonians and the nation’s efforts.

NSNO

Denise

1d961928-d250-4e30-b019-9f53d7816098.png
Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale
MBE, DL, EdD, MBA, BA (Hons), FRSA.
Chief Executive Officer

Right when are we starting this thing back up again give them thier title lets get some football. Worry about winning it ourselves in the future use it as motivation.

COYBS

So looks like a June 17 restart - with it likely that City play Arsenal on the Wednesday, we play the [Poor language removed] on the Saturday, where if City lose, Liverpool can win the title by beating us. Null and void.

So looks like a June 17 restart - with it likely that City play Arsenal on the Wednesday, we play the [Poor language removed] on the Saturday, where if City lose, Liverpool can win the title by beating us. Null and void.
So Carragher, along with the rest of the sky crew, will want it stopped on the first weekend end then, assuming the above scenario were to come to pass? Dedicate their title to the front line workers etc.. yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.