Anichebe: a decent player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad someone else has taken up the baton. I don't think he's done well, but then I don't think any of our new signings have done especially well. Probably the best of them all has been Wessels and everyone was clamouring for him to be dropped as soon as Howard was fit. Can't please some people, you really can't. Play well and you get stick, play badly and you get stick.

I wonder if the Chelsea fans where like this over Drogba for the first season....

Nah, couldn't have been this bad could it.

As a blue, the one thing I want to see is that player die for the blue shirt. Its what our club is based on and plenty of those who have been taking us for a ride have been shipped out. Its why were different, its an extension of the scouse trait - the battle, the graft.

If you are class and win games without running about then sound, youre ace. To date: Yakubu is doing neither. For 11 million I want to see him smash the opposition to bits and dominate the game for us. I would accept even looking hard arsed straining to get to a ball.

I really hope he proves me wrong, a goal laid on a plate and a goal against a team bottom of the Championship is not enough to make me think he's ace.

But its all about opinions and its nice to be having this rather than talking about John Spencer, Micky Madar, Michael Branch or Radzinksi.

Besides theres one reason why Im not that arsed if Yakubu does turn out to be gash, that reason is James Vaughan.

What I don't get with Yakubu is he's built like an ox (or a Yak), but he seems so weak, whether going for the ball or being pushed off it.

I played for a team down here made largely of Nigerians, and even the skinny ones are built like brick toilet houses. I should know, I broke my foot kicking one in the knee!! (Team spirit and all that!)

Anyway, that leads me to think, he just ain't fit in the least.Which hopefully explains his current form, sided with our shambolic shape and lack of service.

Either that or he really is one lazy fat git!

Funny as I've never said he's been ace or even marginally good since he's been here. I've been in the camp (which by the way is the majority) that has said he certainly needs some improvement from what we've seen.

Even the most optimistic supporters like myself see he needs to pick it up a notch or two.

I am happy with the two goals he's chipped in with so far and I expect that more will come over time.

If he's unfit, then he shouldn't be playing pure and simple.

I believe that the expectations heaped on him from the get go were unfair. Add to that many of the issues Bruce addressed in his post and I believe it's just a bit too early to be writing him off as some have already done.

TX lets simply agree that only time will tell and hopefully it won't take that long. One thing I would point out is the exchange of looks between Yak and Moyes when he came off, said it all to me.

i refer to my previous thoughts on this issue . how the [Poor language removed] will he ever score if hes marooned on the wing ?? i fear for yak , as his general demeanour does not help endear him to a crowd who love gen class , but will accept true graft . as yet , hes shown neither . i see it ending in tears . thank [Poor language removed] theres vaughany , and remember where you heard the yak - nugent swap deal , story first . lcab ;)

i fear for yak , as his general demeanour does not help endear him to a crowd who love gen class , but will accept true graft ......

Thats a good point - we're used to watching grafters and theres been no space for slackers over the last few years - because we havent had anyone who can change a game in a minute, we've had to work hard for ninety. Vic (most of the time) is a good example of this type of player. He was more suited I think to the seven-foot bouncer types metalist had in defence.

Some of it with Yak I guess is down to fitness, he looks slow at times, but then sometimes he's creating the problem for himself. At one point I found my self screamin at him on thursday when a ball trickled past him about four paces away, he could have intercepted it but he just watched it pass by. Once the crowd see a few incidents like that the knives get sharpened..... thing is he also tried hard at times holding off three defenders, and got no-one in space to help him out, and when he gets in decent positions he's not recieving the ball at all.

Vic to start as a reward for makin the difference on the night. Yak to be given a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.