Anichebe: a decent player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming back to the posting by Suits. "Someone is for the chop, at least someone"

Any offers on who that might be, I think we talking of our strikers here. Perhaps a poll might be in order.

What do you think?

This is not the first time this question has been poised and I for one think that both Faddy and either Vic or Vaughan will get chopped. We do have a clutch of young talent coming through and the only person properly able to assess this is the gaffer but some of the kids won't make it and Vaughan is, unfortunately injury prone;)

Well can you recall a young player who has had so many problems as Vaughan, I can't. Please don't get me wrong because the lad has excellent potential but the trainers and medics will know better than anyone.........

I cant beleive the dislike for the Yak hes scored more then AJ this season, i remeber a thread here little over a month ago where the vast majority of people wanted Anichebe to be the sacrifical lamb for a new, centre half, winger or central midfielder has he got that good that quickly. No. Hes in good form. Hes very far from realiseing his potential and will be out of the tea more often then in it this season. Im a fan of his i always have been and defended him likewise!

True to say that our recent success have been built on work ethic but purely because they have had to be, Why? Because we havnt had the quality. Now for my opinion i think Yakubu is quality, i have been a huge fan of his ever since he came to England and played in the first division for Pompey. Hes quality we dont have another striker on our books who currently has as much quality as Yakubu, ok at the moment his work ethic is [Poor language removed], but hes a striker. Like today one chance bang its in. Im not excusing laziness but Gary Lineker work rate was [Poor language removed] as well, but he rarely missed.

Ill take that and i tipping Yak to score over 15 this seaon, mark these words, one of the best goal scorers in the leauge!

What Moyes says about Anichebe...

“Victor is doing really well for us,” said Moyes.

“Maybe it suits him better at the moment, coming off the bench and making an impact in games like that. He is getting better and better.

“Victor has played a lot of games for us now. He has probably played as much as anyone this season and, to be fair to him, he has also got a few goals – the two he scored for us in Europe were absolutely vital."

“He is beginning to develop and I can see more maturity in his play. Victor is a really good lad and he wants to learn," said the boss.

“What we are trying to put into him is that he needs to continue his work rate and keep listening.

“If he maintains that improvement, then he will become a really good young player,” continued Moyes.

“There is competition for places and it is only going to get stronger. We are going to have Vaughany and AJ back very shortly.

“What we want to see is our strikers scoring regularly. You can have periods where your strikers will score in flurries but until we get Vaughany and AJ back, we haven’t got a full compliment but we are trying to give them all playing time at the minute. They’re all doing their best.”

Status
Not open for further replies.