Anichebe: a decent player

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he skips and jumps...he likes to press wild flowers,

...he puts on women's clothing and hangs around with Cars...

I FIRMLY BELIEVE:

he should be on the bench for the premiership. HOWEVER for the uefa cup he should start, hes a surprise to defenders in europe, and anichebe has shown he excells in the uefa cup. His height and strength is too much for non-premiership defenders.

I FIRMLY BELIEVE:

he should be on the bench for the premiership. HOWEVER for the uefa cup he should start, hes a surprise to defenders in europe, and anichebe has shown he excells in the uefa cup. His height and strength is too much for non-premiership defenders.

which is exactly why he should come on later on in the game, give them a shock and a half when their already knackered they've got some kid roughing them up. It's definitely why he's been so effective.

Yeah I agree zero. Its the shock factor which is his strength. If he improves his stamina then he'll come good in the prem, but if you notice after his goal last night his cheeks were puffing, and he seemed pretty knackered already. More stamina and we have a great player.

Yeah I agree zero. Its the shock factor which is his strength. If he improves his stamina then he'll come good in the prem, but if you notice after his goal last night his cheeks were puffing, and he seemed pretty knackered already. More stamina and we have a great player.

This article is saying exactly what i think - its as if hes in my head :)

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/liverpoolecho/sport/columnists/tm_headline=anichebe-ideal-as-lone-striker%26method=full%26objectid=20013137%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

he is always improving far from the finished article as at times he looks lost in the game but when he plays with his strength he can be totally unpalable aginst long may it last

He's a brilliant super sub, we just have to work better on his all round game and he will be even better.

But i'm delighted he's doing brilliantly.

I still stand by my initial position. We should have saved 11.25million and stuck with the progression of Anichebe who is not too far away from being an identical player to Yak but with a higher work rate. Lets be honest, if vaughan was not injured then we would not have signed the Yak and Anichebe would have still grown to fulfil his potential in my eyes and we would have been a lot wealthier.

ps. I have good feelings about the future of Big Vic. The ball acts like it is magnetised to his feet. Ball retention is awesome.

I still stand by my initial position. We should have saved 11.25million and stuck with the progression of Anichebe who is not too far away from being an identical player to Yak but with a higher work rate. Lets be honest, if vaughan was not injured then we would not have signed the Yak and Anichebe would have still grown to fulfil his potential in my eyes and we would have been a lot wealthier.

ps. I have good feelings about the future of Big Vic. The ball acts like it is magnetised to his feet. Ball retention is awesome.

You have a good point there about the yak.
We seem to play better with 5 across the middle including cahill backing up the lone striker but with 5 quality strikers to choose from will yakabu get a fair run in the side,i don,t think he will.
Yakubu is a quality player in the right team but he doesn,t suit our style imo,thats not his fault but i think he was a panic buy and would,nt be surprised if he went in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.