Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet Lookman was at his best when playing for England U21s....as a 10.

Neres has been played all over for Ajax, even upfront.

I see him in a similar type style in the 10 role as Kinkladze / Juninho.

You would play him centrally to rotate with Sigurdsson, not only on the flanks.

Thats during the first season. Second season Richarlison up top with Neres / Bernard on the flanks as a 3.
Juninho was never touted a mobile player more so used his skills and passing. One thing Neres did lack in the CL was vision and passing

Not a negative outlook on life, a negative outlook on Everton. Have they ever got anything right?

We can't pinpoint one moment to put even the slightest bit of faith in them to do anything right.

We were promised huge changes under Moshiri and they just never came. We're still the plucky club, with rubbish commercial deals, who still sell our best players, rarely qualifies for Europe and never challenges for trophies.

Until we start showing genuine ambition and significant progress, I don't see the point in having blind faith.

Hello darkness my old friend

I’ve come to talk with you again

Gylfi doesn’t have the awareness to play deeper, he tends to chase down the ball instead of being positionally aware and patient. I’d also say that he isn’t a great tackler, he applies pressure but by hunting the ball teams can exploit the space he vacates.

If we are to push onto another level we need players capable of ensuring that midfield can dominate games - Gylfi has his qualities, but playing him deeper presents problems, whilst limiting the qualities he does have.
Honestly why not try him at CF? On the taller side, works for the ball, can slip players through, and knows where the net is. Can’t be more immobile than Cenk and actually scores unlike DCL

Good player is Turnbull, more then a decent prospect, has a poaching written all over this, this deal.

Celtic dropped the ball announing they had a agreed a fee, will rue that one.

Still could go anyway for me, he’s a sensible lad with good influences around him.

If he doesn’t go to Parkhead he will go to a club with a decent pathway and traditition of playing youngsters, he’s clever like that.

If we are in for him we would have a better chance then the likes of City.
A look at his goals video reminds me of a young Tielemans when he was at Anderlecht. At less than £5m I think he's definitely worth a punt and then loaning him straight out for a season to a decent championship club who we expect to be challenging.

Continue to laugh whilst a team behind us are improving their squad.
So what mate, all teams around us will improve. We aren't in for the players West Ham are in for, bar Gomes (apparently) so what does it matter if they get players in early or not. Are you panicking cuz we aren't signing players fast enough? We'll get our targets, prob most of them before preseason and we'll all be happy, more so if we push some of the turbo gash players we have out the door too!

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 22 years, so clearly it’s not all about success for me, is it?

It’s about enjoyment going to the game and seeing a team that competes. Cant remember the last game that actually meant something at Goodison. League wise it’s probably Arsenal back in 2014. Not good enough.

I get it mate, the whole fan base feels like that. We all just want to see Everton compete but we have to be realistic as well, there are teams backed by sovereign states and oil tycoons and we simply cannot hope to compete with that (off the field at least). I wouldn't worry so much about West Ham and Villa signing players before us though, the window has another 2 months to run and I'm sure we will bring in the bodies we need.

Not according to Google you don't.

You are just doing what people here are doing, SAYING IT WRONG! Just cos loads of yanks say mute point doesn't mean that is what is said in America, it just means that loads of you do not know how to say/spell it correctly.I hope you take this chance to correct all your fellow country men (and women) when they get it wrong next time.

MOOT point ffs

Champing at the bit

Whet your whistle/appetite

Test your mettle

Cows have come home to roost

So what mate, all teams around us will improve. We aren't in for the players West Ham are in for, bar Gomes (apparently) so what does it matter if they get players in early or not. Are you panicking cuz we aren't signing players fast enough? We'll get our targets, prob most of them before preseason and we'll all be happy, more so if we push some of the turbo gash players we have out the door too!

Not good enough. We should sign everyone in the world, even players we don’t even want because we need to show ambishun. Utter disgrace that we’re allowing West Ham to buy players.

Not a negative outlook on life, a negative outlook on Everton. Have they ever got anything right?

We can't pinpoint one moment to put even the slightest bit of faith in them to do anything right.

We were promised huge changes under Moshiri and they just never came. We're still the plucky club, with rubbish commercial deals, who still sell our best players, rarely qualifies for Europe and never challenges for trophies.

Until we start showing genuine ambition and significant progress, I don't see the point in having blind faith.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.