Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you see us progressing with any deals? Can't even get rid of players.

We aren't making moves because we have no money until we sell players. This new era of 'money doesn't matter' is a sham.

We've sold: Stones, Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu under Moshiri. He described them as our Crown Jewels. Another big sale will be coming soon, it's inevitable.

Deulofeu is rubbish. Turns up once every 20 games.

Barkley is the same. Consistently inconsistent. Plus he’s a giant rat.

We miss lukaku no question about that.

Stones was too good to turn down at the time and was a good decision for both parties.

Deulofeu is rubbish. Turns up once every 20 games.

Barkley is the same. Consistently inconsistent. Plus he’s a giant rat.

We miss lukaku no question about that.

Stones was too good to turn down at the time and was a good decision for both parties.
Yeah, cos we did wonderfully well selling Stones and bringing in Bolasie and Williams with the money...

I dont watch the games in the stadiums but i can only remember a couple of times Sigurdsson has played centrally and he did ok simply because we were sitting deep and playing on the counter.

The stats may show he played centrally 6 times but whoscored do tend to get the positions wrong sometimes as well...

For me, I cant see any value in Sigurdsson playing deeper. Hes very good at pressing and scores goals but hes not a playmaker and I cant see him playing as a box to box 8.

My view is that if we played Richarlison or even a false 9 (lol) as centre forward then we have a problem as they will come deep and into Sigurdssons area...so its not going to work imo as Sigurdsson I cant see able to switch positions with a CF.

I think the goals he brings are what keeps him in the side. However if we sign Neres (for example) and he, Richarlison and Bernard 'click' we may find that Sigurdsson is moved on in favour of another 8.

Just from the links it appears as though:

Sosa would be a sitting 6.
Gomes would play as an 8
Neres on the right

Then if we brought in another 6-8 (e.g Sangare) we could go 433.

I dont think it would happen overnight but i believe that we will gradually evolve into this over the season.

As for Sigurdsson, I feel the same as with Gana. Both are very strong in certain aspects of the game but have clear weaknesses which i feel doesnt make them suitable to play in a 433.

433 however would suit the other attacking players we expect to start and the players linked fqr better than our existing setup I feel...
I think having a 21 year old kid who only played for river plate 4 times as our starting CDM is asking for trouble

Not a negative outlook on life, a negative outlook on Everton. Have they ever got anything right?

We can't pinpoint one moment to put even the slightest bit of faith in them to do anything right.

We were promised huge changes under Moshiri and they just never came. We're still the plucky club, with rubbish commercial deals, who still sell our best players, rarely qualifies for Europe and never challenges for trophies.

Until we start showing genuine ambition and significant progress, I don't see the point in having blind faith.

You ok mate. If it's just success you're after then maybe Everton isn't for you.

Payet is about the only decent player I remember West Ham signing in my lifetime. Stop worrying about them.

Anderson is not a bad little player tbh, looked impressive on a good few occasions I think. You're right though, why worry about West Ham.

Honestly, Gomes is the one player I feel we absolutely must get over the line this window.

A striker and a centre-half are needed of course but if we didn't get Gomes I'd have been gutted.

The right age, the right ability, one you can build a side around for five years.

You ok mate. If it's just success you're after then maybe Everton isn't for you.
I’ve been a season ticket holder for 22 years, so clearly it’s not all about success for me, is it?

It’s about enjoyment going to the game and seeing a team that competes. Cant remember the last game that actually meant something at Goodison. League wise it’s probably Arsenal back in 2014. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.