Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With not much between Malcolm, Neres and Lozano - I’d be more interested in the loan of Malcolm than the other two.

I’m not convinced any would come in and propel us to higher levels, alone.

We have to be sensible and ensure the money we have covers the problem areas.

We need to better the midfield, tie up a centre half to complement what we have and hopefully still have money to splash on a CF.

I like the links to the young lads from Argentina and would accept playing the long game developing talent. But, don’t see value in whacking £40m on young players (Neres specifically) who have performed well in a team that plays very different to us.

He may be a beast, but have we got £40m on our hands and the contract value to take the chance on him?

Let’s get Malcom and kean on loan (we’ll buy them when we have champions league football the season after.

Spend our money on zouma, Gomes and all of the South American stars of the future.

From a good source we have scouted David Turnbull of Motherwell for the last 3 months of the season. His move to Celtic has fallen through due to English interest, no idea if we have bid but I know for certain we have been scouting him.

Good to see the 'fastest' vs 'quickest' debate has been replaced by the 'moot' vs 'mute' debate. This transfer window is progressing well.

At least fastest and quickest aren't homonyms. Maybe if someone was a little quicker clarifying the difference we would have moved past it a bit faster.

To be fair I knew Aiden McGeady had signed long before it was announced and Stevie Naismith but didn't say because of sensitivities around it. Motherwell are fan owned and I'm still very much about those involved in Scottish fitbaw. Southampton, Leeds, Man city, Leicester and Burnley have regularly scouted him over the last few months. As I said no idea if we have confirmed interest in taking that forward but I know, for certain we have had representatives to watch him regularly.

With not much between Malcolm, Neres and Lozano - I’d be more interested in the loan of Malcolm than the other two.

I’m not convinced any would come in and propel us to higher levels, alone.

We have to be sensible and ensure the money we have covers the problem areas.

We need to better the midfield, tie up a centre half to complement what we have and hopefully still have money to splash on a CF.

I like the links to the young lads from Argentina and would accept playing the long game developing talent. But, don’t see value in whacking £40m on young players (Neres specifically) who have performed well in a team that plays very different to us.

He may be a beast, but have we got £40m on our hands and the contract value to take the chance on him?
The thing is if you believe the reports form last summer we weren’t even interested in Malcolm. Brands has already said he wouldn’t pay more than 20 for Lozano.

Yet the club have said they want a left footed player who can play off the right. So will it be it be a player that comes out of nowhere like the Richarlison deal. Can’t be they many left footers available. The lad from Roma Under is another who was linked last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.