Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the media that he preferred to play in England...for a 22 year old, playing with one of his mates under a Portuguese manager and on big money in the best league I personally think its much more enticing than joining PSG and competing with mercenaries...

Dont get me wrong, Ziyech has been quality this season, top notch. However ive always had a suspicion that he would flop in the premier league.

I think hed be great in Italy though.
Why? Because he certainly works hard and applies himself without the ball.

This Neres lad, how much did Ajax purchase him for. I would have felt, we’d be after these lads prior to a move to Europe.

I understand the benefit of getting the lads after they’ve adapted to a foreign league, but where is the value?

£40m for lads from Holland is still a big risk.

Less risk involved cutting out the middle man surely?

This Neres lad, how much did Ajax purchase him for. I would have felt, we’d be after these lads prior to a move to Europe.

I understand the benefit of getting the lads after they’ve adapted to a foreign league, but where is the value?

Hence we are after the 2 kids from Argentina, Sosa and lurch.

11 million IIRC, however, work permits.

That’s what brands will look to do. Work permit issues work against us though

Do you mean like Leandro Rodriguez or Fumes Mori ?

With not much between Malcolm, Neres and Lozano - I’d be more interested in the loan of Malcolm than the other two.

I’m not convinced any would come in and propel us to higher levels, alone.

We have to be sensible and ensure the money we have covers the problem areas.

We need to better the midfield, tie up a centre half to complement what we have and hopefully still have money to splash on a CF.

I like the links to the young lads from Argentina and would accept playing the long game developing talent. But, don’t see value in whacking £40m on young players (Neres specifically) who have performed well in a team that plays very different to us.

He may be a beast, but have we got £40m on our hands and the contract value to take the chance on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.