Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time to get him was 3 years ago before he went to Ajax. I was all over it at he time. Can't believe we missed out on him.
I can understand not signing him then but personally I thought after last year he was ready to move and that would have been the time.

And I guess he doesn't have a release clause but that helps us imo. Toss 50 million at Ajax and pray no one else will.

1. Admittedly interpreted wrongly. But no way that is even close to his value to straight up sign. Actual value < asking price = steal (opposite of Neres)

2. Transfermarkt also “values” João Felix at €70m. How reliable can that be?

3. The point wasn’t that they need the money. I’m sure they will survive without it. The point was: the players on the current team that make it through the window without being sold with have very sudden, drastic, and significant declines in their perceived value because they will never play another season as well as they did this year at Ajax.

And even if they did improve personally the team won’t making them not as heavily publicized becoming lost to the limelight which in turn also decrease perceived value.

This will be the highest price Neres and anyone on that Ajax team will ever be while wearing their colors. Stay for another season? Instant 20% price cut even if improved on last season personally.

4. Most importantly they need to be able to play. Not just make friends or be friends. We could either be sitting in a circle as a club singing kumbaya or winning silverware you choose.

5. Mostly everyone voted for Modric to win the Balon d’Or over Messi/Ronaldo. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t make it fact. I don’t rate Sangare at all and think he’d be a flop without a doubt. Neres I never said would be a flop. I said that he is overpriced, a worse option to a guy Brands said he wouldn’t over pay for due to lack of actual competitive experience (who is also outperforming Neres), and that he doesn’t seem to be suited to the Prem and would take a while to get used to the physicality.

1-- It was your own quote...not mine, yours.

2 -- That may well be the case, however its in black and white that one site rates him as 3rd most valuable in the league.

3 -- Thats nonsense. If a team loses its best players then others have a chance to be the 'main man' at the club. Neres for example has been tried on both wings + centre forward and attacking midfield. It may well be that he evolves into another position just as Richarlison has done so.

4 -- I have no idea of the point youre attempting to make here.

5 -- How many times have you seen Neres and Sangare play?

£40m is quite steep for a sub

Not for a rotation option covering 3 positions it isnt.

He was excellent in the away game against Juve. They all were in fairness. They could have scored 10 in that second half they were so good. Best football I've watched this season and that includes Barca and City.

I didnt watch it live but caught the match a few days later as i was travelling at the time. They were totally in sync and anyone who has the confidence to hit scorchers like Neres and take the game to the italian champions defence like he did is alright in my book.

He will become a starter. Just a full pre season under his belt and the Sky's the limit for this lad.

I think he will be in/out of the team rotating for Richarlison, Bernard and Sigurdsson.

Did he though?

Erm yes...as @Barnfred 55 stated above.

Maybe he doesn’t want to play in the french league. The premier league is the place to be, also who knows if mbappe & Neymar will stay and if they do he will probably be on the bench.

Virtually guaranteed starter at Everton along side fellow Brazilians, one who he seems to be close to. We may not even be interested, could be a load of rubbish, but I wouldn’t rule us out if we are in for him. Also one of his agents has been seen with moshiri quite a lot recently.

It was in the media that he preferred to play in England...for a 22 year old, playing with one of his mates under a Portuguese manager and on big money in the best league I personally think its much more enticing than joining PSG and competing with mercenaries...

I can understand not signing him then but personally I thought after last year he was ready to move and that would have been the time.

And I guess he doesn't have a release clause but that helps us imo. Toss 50 million at Ajax and pray no one else will.

Dont get me wrong, Ziyech has been quality this season, top notch. However ive always had a suspicion that he would flop in the premier league.

I think hed be great in Italy though.

Previously made a joke about the English language being taken over by Americans and being called American now. Just a play off that

You’re not having a good day. You’ve made this ‘joke’, the one about ‘physics’, you’ve misread an article about a players value and suggested we’d have to pay either a £20m loan fee or £100m transfer fee for Kean. Have a break

1. Correction: the article says that’s what we’d need to pay for the loan. His actual value is close to £100m

2. If we all know them then how do you explain Neres being worth the £40m over Lozano

3. It’s the same World transfer market. Everyone is included. Even the Sunday league team from down the street are included if someone wants to pay for the player... can’t believe that was even argued

Ajax actually are only guaranteed £27.6m from reaching the semi finals which is far from a fortune these days. And they can ask for 7 skittles, a big Mac, and a used condom for De Ligt and Frenkie doesn’t mean they’ll get it. But wait weren’t we talking Neres and how what they were asking for more than what his brings to the pitch which makes him overpriced?

And sorry but here in America we say mute point (being serious and not funny... for real)

4. £40m seems to be a bit much for the teams best bud no? Mama always told me you can’t buy your friends.

Not according to Google you don't.

You are just doing what people here are doing, SAYING IT WRONG! Just cos loads of yanks say mute point doesn't mean that is what is said in America, it just means that loads of you do not know how to say/spell it correctly.I hope you take this chance to correct all your fellow country men (and women) when they get it wrong next time.

MOOT point ffs

Champing at the bit

Whet your whistle/appetite

Test your mettle

Status
Not open for further replies.