Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been a season ticket holder for 22 years, so clearly it’s not all about success for me, is it?

It’s about enjoyment going to the game and seeing a team that competes. Cant remember the last game that actually meant something at Goodison. League wise it’s probably Arsenal back in 2014. Not good enough.
I mean we did make it to Europe no to long ago?

Tbf West Ham could be the team out of our little 7-11th pack that could cause us the most competition should they keep spending

Rice Fornals

Anderson Lanzini Yarmolenlo

Gomez

At present that front 4 is better than ours should they get Gomez and they have the likes of Arnautovic on the bench whereas we have DCL and Tosun. If Zouma doesn't resign its back to the drawing board for another CB.

I wouldn't worry too much but to laugh off West Ham/Wolves/Leicester is a bit Geordie deluded considering they all are our level at present sadly.

Our job this summer has to be signing players to take us forward and push ahead.

Tbf West Ham could be the team out of our little 7-11th pack that could cause us the most competition should they keep spending

Rice Fornals

Gomez

At present that front 4 is better than ours should they get Gomez and they have the likes of Arnautovic on the bench whereas we have DCL and Tosun. If Zouma doesn't resign its back to the drawing board for another CB.

I wouldn't worry too much but to laugh off West Ham/Wolves/Leicester is a bit Geordie deluded considering they all are our level at present sadly.

Our job this summer has to be signing players to take us forward and push ahead.
how is that 4 better? Gomez hasn't even played in the Premiership and Richarlison is better than all 3 of Anderson/Lanzini/Yarmolenko combined.

Last edited:

Rice Fornals

Gomez

Who says they’ll all settle in the league?
Since when were they a well run club?

And yet Lookman was at his best when playing for England U21s....as a 10.

Neres has been played all over for Ajax, even upfront.

I see him in a similar type style in the 10 role as Kinkladze / Juninho.

You would play him centrally to rotate with Sigurdsson, not only on the flanks.

Thats during the first season. Second season Richarlison up top with Neres / Bernard on the flanks as a 3.
Lookman played so few games as a ten that the sample size is too small to say he can just be plugged in there and thrive. It was also under age so it means little. And Neres has almost exclusively played out wide with the exception of about 5% of his games so why would we assume he's capable elsewhere? It makes little sense.

Who says they’ll all settle in the league?
Since when were they a well run club?

Risk you take but my point is everyone laughs off clubs like West Ham when if we were chasing someone like Gomez who's prolific in Spain for £30 million we would all be rightly optimistic.

People laughed off Wolves last season who finished above us. We aint as good as what we were years back and sadly these past 5 years of mismanagement under Martinez/Koeman/Walsh have allowed clubs like Leicester/Watford/Wolves/West Ham to catch up and now we are no longer clearly "best of the rest" chasing down the top 6 but more so in this little group of big spending but inconsistent clubs.

Gomez or a striker of that calibre is exactly the type of player we should be going for this window.

Im patient when it comes to transfers as you dont know whats going on behind the scenes but its clear the aim of this summer has to be quality over quantity.

Rice Fornals

Gomez

Gomez is no better than Tosun - very similar profile player but yes, he has got a sexier name. Yarms? Once upon a time perhaps.. Siggy will outscore Lanzini (again). Anderson does look a player I'd like tbf.

We will be above the hammers - it's not all about adding players - it's about gelling as a team. Something we started to do towards the end of last season. Bulk buying is not the way to go.. we should know that better than most. A mobile striker has to be our priority - DCL with goals..

Risk you take but my point is everyone laughs off clubs like West Ham when if we were chasing someone like Gomez who's prolific in Spain for £30 million we would all be rightly optimistic.

People laughed off Wolves last season who finished above us. We aint as good as what we were years back and sadly these past 5 years of mismanagement under Martinez/Koeman/Walsh have allowed clubs like Leicester/Watford/Wolves/West Ham to catch up and now we are no longer clearly "best of the rest" chasing down the top 6 but more so in this little group of big spending but inconsistent clubs.

Gomez or a striker of that calibre is exactly the type of player we should be going for this window.

Im patient when it comes to transfers as you dont know whats going on behind the scenes but its clear the aim of this summer has to be quality over quantity.

If theres one thing Maxi Gomes isnt, its prolific.

Status
Not open for further replies.