Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player is Turnbull, more then a decent prospect, has a poaching written all over this, this deal.

Celtic dropped the ball announing they had a agreed a fee, will rue that one.

Still could go anyway for me, he’s a sensible lad with good influences around him.

If he doesn’t go to Parkhead he will go to a club with a decent pathway and traditition of playing youngsters, he’s clever like that.

If we are in for him we would have a better chance then the likes of City.

With word that United may have agreed to buy Maguire for a huge fee, Im wondering if this transfer window might be one of the best chances we will get in the next few to add top players for good value. By that I mean players we ordinarily wouldnt have a shot at, whether they are 15 million or 50 million, because the "top 6" would also be buying them.

But this window, Arsenal looks to be trying to be really cheap, Tottenham always are, Chelsea have a transfer ban, Man United appear to have almost spent all they are going to(if Maguire goes through), and Man City is so far entrenched at the top with top talent, that a player that might improve the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal wont even get a sniff there. That really just leaves Liverpool to compete with for some signings, and they can only sign a few players, meaning even if we had any overlapping targets, we might not have much competition from premier league sides. If you are a top player wanting a move to the premier league for good wages, Everton might be your only shot this window.

With word that United may have agreed to buy Maguire for a huge fee, Im wondering if this transfer window might be one of the best chances we will get in the next few to add top players for good value. By that I mean players we ordinarily wouldnt have a shot at, whether they are 15 million or 50 million, because the "top 6" would also be buying them.

But this window, Arsenal looks to be trying to be really cheap, Tottenham always are, Chelsea have a transfer ban, Man United appear to have almost spent all they are going to(if Maguire goes through), and Man City is so far entrenched at the top with top talent, that a player that might improve the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal wont even get a sniff there. That really just leaves Liverpool to compete with for some signings, and they can only sign a few players, meaning even if we had any overlapping targets, we might not have much competition from premier league sides. If you are a top player wanting a move to the premier league for good wages, Everton might be your only shot this window.

Forget about transfers just being clever with continuity I’d fancy our chances of having a crack at Oles Utd, Lampards Hazardless Chelsea, Arsenal’s malaise and maybe even an Eriksenless Spurs.

We’re on the right side of transition for once.

Being linked to Ndombele en Lo Celso doesn't really sound cheap to me.

Much rather prefer not to look at other teams transfers, but concentrate on ours.

If rumours are to be believed about Utd being willing to pay 70-90 mil for Maguire, then that shows their recruitment policy is as off the rails as their manager recruitment policy.

Arsenal reportedly have less than 50mil to spend (coz Kroenke) which would be workable under Wengers smart yet frugal dealings, but who knows under Emery?

I still reckon Chelsea will be ok though.

It’s a good opportunity for us if one of them slip, but our primary focus should still be on closing the gap and becoming more consistent throughout the campaign.

United will spend big money on BAD players

Arsenal will make a handful of clever buys

Spurs will spend too but will lose two/three from Eriksen, Son, Vertonghen, Alderweirld, and Alli.

Status
Not open for further replies.