Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he’s played some centrally, but why would you? Get him wide right, isolated 1 v 1 against defenders, or working with Coleman or another right back.
Exactly right. And out of curiosity I looked and Transfermarkt has him playing central in 8 of 112 career games.

....it’s Saturday and before I pick out today’s losers from my Racing Post, here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- AOL again claim Everton have entered advanced negotiations with Ajax’s 22 year old Brazilian winger, David Neres.

- Sportswriter Paul Brown says Everton are close to completing the permanent signing of Andre Gomes from Barcelona. Football Insider suggest Gomes will sign a contract worth £120k per week.

- Corriere Torino report Juventus are looking to tie Moise Kean down to a new contract after Everton lodged an enquiry this week. They claim Kean will ink fresh terms until 2024.

- According to Goal France, £22m would be enough to land 21 year old midfield enforcer and Everton target, Ibrahim Sangare, from Toulouse.

- The London Evening Standard suggest Manchester United retain an interest in Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye.

- Reports in Italy say Inter could secure a deal with Manchester United to land £70m rated Romelu Lukaku. Everton will receive £5m from any agreement struck.

- Sport say Everton and West Ham are monitoring Barcelona custodian Jasper Cillessen. The 30 year old is Dutch no1 but has spent 3 seasons as an understudy at Barca, who are said to want €20m for the goalkeeper.

....it’s Saturday and before I pick out today’s losers from my Racing Post, here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- AOL again claim Everton have entered advanced negotiations with Ajax’s 22 year old Brazilian winger, David Neres.

- Sportswriter Paul Brown says Everton are close to completing the permanent signing of Andre Gomes from Barcelona. Football Insider suggest Gomes will sign a contract worth £120k per week.

- Corriere Torino report Juventus are looking to tie Moise Kean down to a new contract after Everton lodged an enquiry this week. They claim Kean will ink fresh terms until 2024.

- According to Goal France, £22m would be enough to land 21 year old midfield enforcer and Everton target, Ibrahim Sangare, from Toulouse.

- The London Evening Standard suggest Manchester United retain an interest in Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye.

- Reports in Italy say Inter could secure a deal with Manchester United to land £70m rated Romelu Lukaku. Everton will receive £5m from any agreement struck.

- Sport say Everton and West Ham are monitoring Barcelona custodian Jasper Cillessen. The 30 year old is Dutch no1 but has spent 3 seasons as an understudy at Barca, who are said to want €20m for the goalkeeper.
I thought AOL was an internet company, or was it mobile phones, er that's it.

Many thanks for the updates Eggs...Neres and Gomes would be an excellent start to the summer window

You did this with Lookman too. Some wingers despite their high level of skill cant play centrally and nothing I've seen from Neres suggests he will be playing there. Still would love to get him but he's a winger.

And yet Lookman was at his best when playing for England U21s....as a 10.

Neres has been played all over for Ajax, even upfront.

I see him in a similar type style in the 10 role as Kinkladze / Juninho.

Think he’s played some centrally, but why would you? Get him wide right, isolated 1 v 1 against defenders, or working with Coleman or another right back.

You would play him centrally to rotate with Sigurdsson, not only on the flanks.

Thats during the first season. Second season Richarlison up top with Neres / Bernard on the flanks as a 3.

To be fair it's not the first time I've mentioned him but last night was the first time I had it confirmed we were all over him. Like several other clubs that I've mentioned.

The contribution to his team looks brilliant, but converting that to Prem level would be a difficult challenge. Maddison has grown as a player with further development in the Championship beyond the spell in Scotland.

I feel that the risk is low, but accept the room for his growth with us would be limited given the lack of game time.

At the fee being quoted, he seems a risk worth taking providing we can get him a loan to aid his development.

Gylfi doesn’t have the awareness to play deeper, he tends to chase down the ball instead of being positionally aware and patient. I’d also say that he isn’t a great tackler, he applies pressure but by hunting the ball teams can exploit the space he vacates.

If we are to push onto another level we need players capable of ensuring that midfield can dominate games - Gylfi has his qualities, but playing him deeper presents problems, whilst limiting the qualities he does have.

You can show me as many stats as you like, but he never has and never will be a centre midfielder. I would be interested to find out them 6 games he apparently played in midfield. Unless it was when we played 3 x CB abs wing backs. And they’ve classed him as midfielder.

Anyway there is no way Marcel Brands will build his Everton team moving forward, by contemplating putting a 31/32yr old siggurdsson into midfield.

One of them was against Citeh, if I recall correctly.

I understand McCathy’s agent has spoken to Villa. Don’t know if a fee has been agreed or anything more, I suspect that the agent had spoken to loads of clubs to drum up interest.

I understand McCathy’s agent has spoken to Villa. Don’t know if a fee has been agreed or anything more, I suspect that the agent had spoken to loads of clubs to drum up interest.

Hopefully he's pushing the boundaries of the fair usage policy on his unlimited calls and texts mobile plan

Status
Not open for further replies.