Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But I highly doubt we have the funds to buy Neres CF Gomes and another centre back. That’s why I raised the point.

That’s what I’m worried about. Have faith in Brands to get the players that will improve us, just worried with CM & CD outlay only keeping us where we are at a considerable expense. It’s that point that stops me getting carried away and realising we might only bring in 1/2 additional quality signings beyond those two signings which is improvement, provided they hit the ground running.

Bunch of idiots should get their heads out the sand and get real right?

Agree with this Don’t know who we think we are at times ! Just manged to get four players last summer to quit CL to join us and a player who starts upfront in a steller Brazil attack yet we can’t mange to get a Juventus player ! Know our place Everton ha

Higuain’s agent has said he’ll be staying at juventus.

Edit - probably won’t impact too much on kean leaving/staying but you never know.

...the thing for me is Richarlison scores as many goals (if not more) with the freedom to find goalscoring positions from out wide. He’ll always be competitive and do a job for the team, but he’s most effective being flexible and away from the shackles of CBs.

If I was an opposition manager i’d want to see him playing centrally against my team.

I prefer Richrlison out wide. Part of me thinks if opted to play three in the centre of midfield, we could lessen his defensive responsibilities (not only his, but the other RW). Enabling the wide forwards to ensure the striker isn’t isolated, whereas we presently have Glyfi providing support and the wide forwards encourage to track their men.

Obviously, it would be a case of signing midfielders to play that system, feel we could control the game more so than we do presently and additionally look more potent.

A midfielder who can spray finding passes for three forwards would add a much needed dimension to a team set up that way.

That’s what I’m worried about. Have faith in Brands to get the players that will improve us, just worried with CM & CD outlay only keeping us where we are at a considerable expense. It’s that point that stops me getting carried away and realising we might only bring in 1/2 additional quality signings beyond those two signings which is improvement, provided they hit the ground running.

The mess made by Martinez / Koeman / Allardyce was never going to be a quick fix.

Bar Roberto's first season, we recruited badly for years, and apart from a handful of exceptions who have proven themselves, we are stuck with a lot of expensive dead weights.

A slow and steady upwards curve is what we are hopefully now on. A far cry from where this club was heading in the Autumn of 2017.

I prefer Richrlison out wide. Part of me thinks if opted to play three in the centre of midfield, we could lessen his defensive responsibilities (not only his, but the other RW). Enabling the wide forwards to ensure the striker isn’t isolated, whereas we presently have Glyfi providing support and the wide forwards encourage to track their men.

Obviously, it would be a case of signing midfielders to play that system, feel we could control the game more so than we do presently and additionally look more potent.

A midfielder who can spray finding passes for three forwards would add a much needed dimension to a team set up that way.

...and me. I do think Gomes has that ability to spray passes out wide with either foot and with little room or backlift. I remember when we signed him and posting that if you’re a winger you’d always feel in the game with Gomes in your side.

If Higuain returns to Juve which is being reported today and obviously is Sarri’ love child pushes Kean to 5th choice forward. I don’t see why a loan is impossible for a player in that position. Obviously they would want him to sign an extension before leaving on loan.

If we do loan this lad it would have to be for at least 2 seasons.

He would take a couple of months to acclimatize and settle.

Most of our Summer recruitment last year only found consistency in the Spring.

A loan for 1 year heavily favours Juventus imo.

If Higuain returns to Juve which is being reported today and obviously is Sarri’ love child pushes Kean to 5th choice forward. I don’t see why a loan is impossible for a player in that position. Obviously they would want him to sign an extension before leaving on loan.

Seems legit

...and me. I do think Gomes has that ability to spray passes out wide with either foot and with little room or backlift. I remember when we signed him and posting that if you’re a winger you’d always feel in the game with Gomes in your side.

Aye, he fits that system well. Would want another midfielder with similar deep play making qualities to ensure he’s not marked out of games like last season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.