Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He played cm when we beat Burnley 5-1 and he absolutely bossed the midfield. He might not be able to play there against the top 6 but he has proven he can play there. Don't forget his career didn't start at Everton, he has played for Swansea and spurs and I'm fairly sure he's played cm for them as well.

He hasn't got the pace to play cm? He played his last season at Swansea predominantly on the wing (18 games, 2 goals and 7 assists). Even at us in his first season he played on the left wing (20 games, 6 goals and 2 assists).

His best position is obviously a acm/split striker role. No one is arguing that but he can play as a cm.
I don’t think he can play there but you think he can so fair enough, but picking out a few games when he did and we or Swansea won them games Means nothing it’s a small sample size. And bossing Burnley who were in a rut at the time and 2 down after 5 mins, again what does that prove.

For years it was play Baines in midfield, Lahm does it for Bayern & Germany. Played one game v Newcastle we lost, did he play there again? I don’t think he did.

And getting moved to the wing also doesn’t prove he has pace.

Ultimately like I said last night. Marcel Brands is not planing his team moving forward for siggurdsson to drop back into midfield in 2yrs at 32. He won’t be here at 32.

I don’t think he can play there but you think he can so fair enough, but picking out a few games when he did and we or Swansea won them games Means nothing it’s a small sample size. And bossing Burnley who were in a rut at the time and 2 down after 5 mins, again what does that prove.

For years it was play Baines in midfield, Lahm does it for Bayern & Germany. Played one game v Newcastle we lost, did he play there again? I don’t think he did.

And getting moved to the wing also doesn’t prove he has pace.

Ultimately like I said last night. Marcel Brands is not planing his team moving forward for siggurdsson to drop back into midfield in 2yrs at 32. He won’t be here at 32.

So you can use a one off game with Baines playing as a cm as proof it doesn't work but I can't use a game where sigurdsson played at cm and was the best player on the pitch.

You don't think he can play at cm but he has and played well for club and country this isn't up for debate it's a fact. Wheather he can do it and play consistently well for a whole season is a different matter.

You say he has no pace but he's got enough to play out wide, he may not be rapid but you can't argue that he's got a engine on him.

I think sigurdsson will he here in two years but I think he'll be on the bench. He's a very good player one of our best in fact. Ultimately though he doesn't fit into the formation Silva wants to play. So unless he successfully drops into a more central role he will be dropped from the squad in the future.

Why do some good folk want to flog our next best goalscorer and the joint most scoring midfielder last season so badly?

Because

1) they took the stance to criticise him at the beginning and are too stupid / stubborn to admit they were wrong
Or
2) they think they know more than they actually do about football

Bit unsure which to be honest.

To be fair, I think Mina and Digne were linked in the papers long before we got them - what impressed me is that they persisted and made it happen without too much noise. It must annoy the journos though who love a good transfer saga - but a saga just means paying more - e.g. Siggy.

I just want us to sign Everton Soares. We haven't been linked with him and I doubt we will be but having seen his goal for Brazil yesterday and having watched a 14 minute YouTube video I am convinced. This is in no way clouded by the fact he is called Everton and has it on the back of his shirt...
We should be moving heaven and earth to get this fella and make him captain straight away.

To be fair it's not the first time I've mentioned him but last night was the first time I had it confirmed we were all over him. Like several other clubs that I've mentioned.
It wasn’t your posts I was referring to and sorry if you thought I was
It’s the 5000 word theses on players that we will never sign is what I was referring to
I agree that Turnbull is the type of low risk potential high reward signing that the club had done in recent years and fits the Brands model
DCL Lookman , Vlasic , GIBSON , Virginia are other examples of this policy
@Eggs @Flynnthistle

You’ve obviously seen more of him than anyone on here so it’s good to hear he’s a prospect. And he’s annoyed Celtic so I like him for that.

I’m just not much of a huge fan of posts about players we’ve not really been linked with.

But that’s just me.
It’s the type of signing we have done in the past and Brands is known for
Not saying we are interested but it would not surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.