Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mess made by Martinez / Koeman / Allardyce was never going to be a quick fix.

Bar Roberto's first season, we recruited badly for years, and apart from a handful of exceptions who have proven themselves, we are stuck with a lot of expensive dead weights.

A slow and steady upwards curve is what we are hopefully now on. A far cry from where this club was heading in the Autumn of 2017.

I know, fully accept that’s what is stopping us from pushing on at the moment. Hopefully we have as much success this window flogging the dross as we have acquiring hunks.

I agree. But I highly doubt we have the funds to buy Neres CF Gomes and another centre back. That’s why I raised the point.

Fair enough mate just seen a few people mention it on social media when for me he's such a quality player you want him in his natural position out wide imo.

I actually think we'll spend atleast £100 million this summer - I think Moshiri knows he has to back Brands/Silva this year and I wouldn't be shocked if the club are looking at Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal and think they can try get ahead of one of them and break the top 6.

I also think Moshiri's pride would have been hurt by Wolves coming up and finishing about us taking plaudits as "best of the rest".

Seems legit
I’m not going to claim to have seen him play except for his small cameo in champions league this year. His stats don’t suggest he’s an absolute superstar in the making like some are suggesting. Just had a look at Juve squad and everyone of their “forwards” are top quality and surely a player like Dybala or Bernadeschi are sick of sitting on the bench playing second fiddle.
I know everyone will scream “WhY WOuLd ThEy CoMe to EvERtOn” but I think that if Dybala ends up in the premier league he will be Aguer mk2

Considering we've let Kenny go out on loan also tells me that deals are going on in the background.

I expect a RB to be coming in by the end of the month along with Gomes. Just hope we get the centre forward and winger signings done soon aswell and get them bedded in with the squad.

It seems gone are the days when we got news of potential signings being leaked, Brands has got the information locked down. Do we think this is good or not?

I`m sure it suits the clubs needs if targets are not all over the internet and newspapers but it does make us look like we are inactive when I suspect we are.....

It seems gone are the days when we got news of potential signings being leaked, Brands has got the information locked down. Do we think this is good or not?

I`m sure it suits the clubs needs if targets are not all over the internet and newspapers but it does make us look like we are inactive when I suspect we are.....
why would we want our name all over the media so other bigger teams can just steamroll in, everything under wraps is so much better

I'm sure we have offers in for players and like last season it's a waiting game and who blinks first .with brands I dont think we will panic he will have options

Definitely a good thing mate.

And it sends people on here loopy which is another plus.

Considering we've let Kenny go out on loan also tells me that deals are going on in the background.

I expect a RB to be coming in by the end of the month along with Gomes. Just hope we get the centre forward and winger signings done soon aswell and get them bedded in with the squad.

We’re definitely going to be getting another cb. We can’t rely on Mina and Keane being available all season

Be serious when have you seen him play deep, you’re having a laugh. What when we’ve been chasing a game and thrown 3 forwards on for the last 10mins. You’re working on a very small sample size to say, he can defend and is positionally aware of a natural midfielder.

He spent most of last season as a split striker. He hasn’t got the pace to play deep and get up the pitch to support. And to say he’s got vision and can pass, his stats from open play through out his career are nothing special, he’s hardly some world class playmaker.

He played cm when we beat Burnley 5-1 and he absolutely bossed the midfield. He might not be able to play there against the top 6 but he has proven he can play there. Don't forget his career didn't start at Everton, he has played for Swansea and spurs and I'm fairly sure he's played cm for them as well.

He hasn't got the pace to play cm? He played his last season at Swansea predominantly on the wing (18 games, 2 goals and 7 assists). Even at us in his first season he played on the left wing (20 games, 6 goals and 2 assists).

His best position is obviously a acm/split striker role. No one is arguing that but he can play as a cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.