• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says BrendanGOT
who thinks siggurdsson will be sitting in front of our 2 centre backs dictating play when he’s 34. His stats back it up you know. Who will be his midfielder partner? 38yr old Baines I suppose
Eh? An 8 doesn't sit deep and static

Edit: Siggy has never relied on pace and is still only 29 so could argue he's a good few seasons in him and could be moved deeper if we got a better number 10. Hate to bring him up but didn't Slippy G do that?

Last edited:
No real point continuing the convo if you refuse to accept facts mate lol can both make up whatever we like really based on that
Thankfully Marcel is building this team/squad not you. Siggurdsson will be gone in 12 months. Brands would have never bought him in the first place.

Edit: Siggy has never relied on pace and is still only 29 so could argue he's a good few seasons in him and could be moved deeper if we got a better number 10. Hate to bring him up but didn't Slippy G do that?
Hed just sit deeper and we'd play without a 10. Done.

I think we'll take a chance and Richy will be our CF next season. We'll buy a left footed winger, a RB, Gomes, Zouma (or another CB) and that's it bar younger players with potential. Unless we sell key players. Siggurdson has all the qualities to play as a CM imo and the stats can back it up. I don't think he'll be phased out personally, he's a good player, we spent a wedge on him, he works hard and contributes offensively and defensively, I think he'll get moved deeper if we get a better number 10 but definitely not phased out til he's done as a player. That's just my opinion of course not fact.
You can show me as many stats as you like, but he never has and never will be a centre midfielder. I would be interested to find out them 6 games he apparently played in midfield. Unless it was when we played 3 x CB abs wing backs. And they’ve classed him as midfielder.

Anyway there is no way Marcel Brands will build his Everton team moving forward, by contemplating putting a 31/32yr old siggurdsson into midfield.
Says BrendanGOT
who thinks siggurdsson will be sitting in front of our 2 centre backs dictating play when he’s 34. His stats back it up you know. Who will be his midfielder partner? 38yr old Baines I suppose

Thankfully Marcel is building this team/squad not you. Siggurdsson will be gone in 12 months. Brands would have never bought him in the first place.
Don't think he will be personally, after Richy he's our best player for goals and assists nevermind any other stats, but OK.
Hed just sit deeper and we'd play without a 10. Done.

I dont watch the games in the stadiums but i can only remember a couple of times Sigurdsson has played centrally and he did ok simply because we were sitting deep and playing on the counter.

The stats may show he played centrally 6 times but whoscored do tend to get the positions wrong sometimes as well...

For me, I cant see any value in Sigurdsson playing deeper. Hes very good at pressing and scores goals but hes not a playmaker and I cant see him playing as a box to box 8.

My view is that if we played Richarlison or even a false 9 (lol) as centre forward then we have a problem as they will come deep and into Sigurdssons area...so its not going to work imo as Sigurdsson I cant see able to switch positions with a CF.

I think the goals he brings are what keeps him in the side. However if we sign Neres (for example) and he, Richarlison and Bernard 'click' we may find that Sigurdsson is moved on in favour of another 8.

Just from the links it appears as though:

Sosa would be a sitting 6.
Gomes would play as an 8
Neres on the right

Then if we brought in another 6-8 (e.g Sangare) we could go 433.

I dont think it would happen overnight but i believe that we will gradually evolve into this over the season.

As for Sigurdsson, I feel the same as with Gana. Both are very strong in certain aspects of the game but have clear weaknesses which i feel doesnt make them suitable to play in a 433.

433 however would suit the other attacking players we expect to start and the players linked fqr better than our existing setup I feel...

I dont watch the games in the stadiums but i can only remember a couple of times Sigurdsson has played centrally and he did ok simply because we were sitting deep and playing on the counter.

The stats may show he played centrally 6 times but whoscored do tend to get the positions wrong sometimes as well...

For me, I cant see any value in Sigurdsson playing deeper. Hes very good at pressing and scores goals but hes not a playmaker and I cant see him playing as a box to box 8.

My view is that if we played Richarlison or even a false 9 (lol) as centre forward then we have a problem as they will come deep and into Sigurdssons area...so its not going to work imo as Sigurdsson I cant see able to switch positions with a CF.

I think the goals he brings are what keeps him in the side. However if we sign Neres (for example) and he, Richarlison and Bernard 'click' we may find that Sigurdsson is moved on in favour of another 8.

Just from the links it appears as though:

Sosa would be a sitting 6.
Gomes would play as an 8
Neres on the right

Then if we brought in another 6-8 (e.g Sangare) we could go 433.

I dont think it would happen overnight but i believe that we will gradually evolve into this over the season.

As for Sigurdsson, I feel the same as with Gana. Both are very strong in certain aspects of the game but have clear weaknesses which i feel doesnt make them suitable to play in a 433.

433 however would suit the other attacking players we expect to start and the players linked fqr better than our existing setup I feel...
He doesn't have the carry the thing and act as a box to box player. Just play him a bit deeper and put Gana and Sangare (or equivalent) behind him. Or a better 6 (although Sangare can play there) with Gana paired in midfield just in front and Siggy a bit farther, but still not a 10, he'd be deeper than the 3 forwards. He's played that way quite a few times this year, but yeah, Whoscored isn't the best for that type of stuff.

I dont see Sigurdsson as a CM.

I agree with @Stephenlloyd that Sigurdsson will be phased out this season.

Wouldnt be surprised to see this to begin with:

CF
Bernard Sigurdsson Richarlison
Then if we sign Neres, a gradual change to:

CF
Bernard Neres Richarlison
And finally

Bernard Richarlison Neres
You did this with Lookman too. Some wingers despite their high level of skill cant play centrally and nothing I've seen from Neres suggests he will be playing there. Still would love to get him but he's a winger.

You did this with Lookman too. Some wingers despite their high level of skill cant play centrally and nothing I've seen from Neres suggests he will be playing there. Still would love to get him but he's a winger.
Think he’s played some centrally, but why would you? Get him wide right, isolated 1 v 1 against defenders, or working with Coleman or another right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.