2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s halcyon days now we can play Chelsea and you’re not wanting them to win!
You're very droll. I expect that makes you feel good anyway.

I'm still buzzing off that comeback. But you win the droll Championship, so you must be buzzing too.

Everyone's happy tonight.

I really liked his post-match interview with Sky, where he talked about praising the solid defensive work at half-time but telling them they needed to play.

Its all about belief isn't it.

Midfielders making runs in behind in the belief that they are found.

Wingers running with the ball believing in their abilities to win a corner or create a chance.

You can see the difference the man is making in such a short period of time that’s for sure. An the players are clearly all buying into it. The good thing is he’s not brown nosing any single one of them. He’s making them play for each other and us as fans which is great

I really liked his post-match interview with Sky, where he talked about praising the solid defensive work at half-time but telling them they needed to play.
He also dug the ref out for the corners at the end who was borderline their sub all game. Some refs cannot wait to give fouls to home players who squeal and he was one of them today, dreadful “performance“ so well in Sean.

Vinny has acknowledged the solid foundations Dyche made. Pleased he's got players fighting and defending properly. The comparison with Lampard is laughable. Lampard has never been good enough to lick the mud off Dyche's shoes. Dyche is a proper manager, a club builder and a leader. He builds a team around solid, core values. Lampard is a total fraud with a complicit and compliant media.

He's always been iffy with subs. The lack of investment over three seasons meant he was working with very little but, he mostly goes like for like.

As a Burnley fan - this is spot on.

I really hope Dyche has some success with you guys and you back him.

Some of the vitriol aimed at him (and us to a lesser extent) such as ‘brexit ball’ ‘dinosaur Dyche’ etc is so unimaginative and boring.

If he was Portuguese after our 7th placed finish he would have being touted as the next Mourinho; not to mention as well when we have had more technical players at their best - Steven Defour for example we played some really good stuff.

Gomes I think has done ok by all accounts,
Think he wouldn’t be to difficult to shift,
All 3 have a year left so hopefully that makes it easier,
Give Dele away. And try and get small fees for the other 2.

Doucoure I’d also let go, but it would
Mean with Davies going, we have only 3 midfielders, 4 with doucoure. The problem is he’s on a big wage and spat his dummy out when Frank dropped him.

Him, gana and Onana isn’t good enough for next season. We need something different. Imo, so does he spit his dummy out again. Linked with Geiger.? On a free who’s a defensive midfielder. With garner, gana, Onana and add a youngster. Iwobi can also do a job and then maybe buy an attacking midfielder. Young Alex Scott from Bristol city has been
Watched apparently

It's not really the time for transfer rumours I know but we were recently linked with a young Spaniard called Joan Gonzalez who plays in Italy for Lecce who is seen as a replacement for him, don't know much about him though tbh.

He still is in 1990. Only 2 changes. Keep it tight and make 2 changes to wast time! If you watch the type of football Burnley played and Everton play now i would say its Joe Royles handbook about "dog of war" football. The problem is that football of the 90's and now is completely different. So i have no big hope for the end of the season,.

As a burnley fan who posted on here when you got dyche , to trust the man and his methods and to tell you , there’s no way you where going down I’m pleased to see the dyche way as we say here at burnley is starting to take hold, He can also spot a player and improve a player give him two transfer windows and the backing financially which he never had at burnley and you guys will be back to top 8.. he will only sign players with a strong jaw , leaders and hard workers who give an 8 game in game out , we saw it for ten years. It’s an honest philosophy and all he asks og players is to buy into it..HEART , LEGS , MIND . simple but effective and your now seeing early signs of players buying inro it..

If he can develop young players like Onana.

Drop Keane for Branthwaite next season.

Sign the Alex Scott or Gonzalez types.

Id be happy...hope he plays the same way as Royle. I think that is timeless and really how we should look every game.

Dyche is an absolutely fantastic manager, so much better than I’d given him credit for

We have an awful squad who had 15 points from 20 games
Not only has he come in and got 11 points from 8 games but we’re playing better football and have had really difficult games

3 points at home to league topping Arsenal - outstanding
Loss at anfield - disappointing but not unexpected
3 points at home in relegation crunch against Leeds - must win but we lost all our recent must wins so this was big
Loss at home against Villa - the only disappointing result in my opinion, we just couldn’t find a way to score and then gave away a soft pen around the hour mark
Loss at Emirates - disappointing but not unexpected
Draw at Forest who hadn’t lost at home for six months
Win against Brentford, 2nd in the league form table over 10 matches - big win!
Draw at Stamford Bridge where we always lose - great point

First manager since Ancelotti where I can tell what the game plan is, and can see the players know it too. It was Moyes before that.

None of this “I haven’t got the players” BS, take the players you have and make it work, nice one.
I do see the potential for similarities between him and Carlo, but also him and Moyes!! It’s a fairly big comparison range!

If he can develop young players like Onana.

Drop Keane for Branthwaite next season.

Sign the Alex Scott or Gonzalez types.

Id be happy...hope he plays the same way as Royle. I think that is timeless and really how we should look every game.
Alex Scott is going to have a lot of clubs after him and will cost a lot of money but he would be an amazing signing, he is like Grealish but with a quicker burst off the mark. Gonzalaez is basically a younger version of Doucoure but is better with the ball at his feet. I want Caqueret from Lyon but I doubt he would come here.

Alex Scott is going to have a lot of clubs after him and will cost a lot of money but he would be an amazing signing, he is like Grealish but with a quicker burst off the mark. Gonzalaez is basically a younger version of Doucoure but is better with the ball at his feet. I want Caqueret from Lyon but I doubt he would come here.

Who the eff is Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.