2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what your saying, but I can't stress enough how absolutely crap our squad is. I'm pleasantly surprised by how many points we have because I think what's been available to him is as bad a squad as I can remember since the 90s
Fully appreciate that.
But he has not impressed me in any of his previous roles and his preferred style has been fairly consistent throughout.
If we survive this season I am not expecting any Damascene conversion into a progressive attacking football team, just more of the same.
At the moment he’s an understandable means to an end, survival.
But going forward , Everton Football Club have to aim for more than just mere survival, surely?

Fully appreciate that.
But he has not impressed me in any of his previous roles and his preferred style has been fairly consistent throughout.
If we survive this season I am not expecting any Damascene conversion into a progressive attacking football team, just more of the same.
But going forward , Everton Football Club have to aim for more than just mere survival, surely?
Baffles me when people seem to criticise a managers ‘style’ of football. Criticise results, not how they are achieved. Many on here have suggested that Simeone would be a dream appointment for Everton, he is someone who has built a career on low risk style of play where team organization and tactical discipline are key. How is this so very different other than the calibre of players he has to convert defence into attack?

Fully appreciate that.

All valid points mate.

imo whether we stay up or not, I'd give him a full season and see what he can do. If we avoid relegation then he fully deserves the right to start 2023 pre season.

Fully appreciate that.
I think we'll get a good understanding of his future Approach once the summer window is over.
tho it also depends on what league we're playing in next season.

One thing I will say though is you very rarely, if ever, see a manager actually change there Tactics/Approach to management, No matter what team they are at.

His interviews are actually spot on and he talks a lot of sense. I wasn’t keen on him but he’s done a great job.

I actually like the way he comes across. Completely genuine.

I liked Lampard but I think he wanted to say what he thought was the right thing to say even though he didn’t believe in it.

Bit like Martinez.

Fully appreciate that.
And they will, give Dyche some credit for getting a tune out of what he has to work with, next year who knows what he will have to work with. Myself I am pleasantly surprised and am appreciative of what he has accomplished since he took the job.

Baffles me when people seem to criticise a managers ‘style’ of football. Criticise results, not how they are achieved. Many on here have suggested that Simeone would be a dream appointment for Everton, he is someone who has built a career on low risk style of play where team organization and tactical discipline are key. How is this so very different other than the calibre of players he has to convert defence into attack?
But how they're achieved matters.

Fully appreciate that.
I'm not sure what him being " a native or inhabitant of Damascus" has to do with anything. It makes your argument baseless and no more than a floccinaucinihilipilification

Fully appreciate that.
We can only judge him by what he does at us. That was the problem with Allardyce. He’d moaned about not having managed a big team before and not having money behind him.

We were basically safe early in his tenure
He then had to show he was capable of being more expansive, trying to develop the team.

He did nothing of the kind. Why he had to go. Well that and the fact that he absolute stain on our club that should never have been appointed in the first place by a board that panicked

Hopefully Dyche shows more next year and gets us to Bramley Moore playing good footy in an unexciting mid table finish

I for one prefer the way dyche plays when we have the ball. We get the ball up the pitch a lot quicker and get crosses into the box. At present the players he is working with, he is doing a good job. If we had an actual striker and a right winger think it could work long term. I admit that it can be tough watch at times, especially when we don’t have the ball for long periods of time. I would like to see if we stay up and get better players in key positions what can he do. I know his philosophy won’t change but how if effective it will be can, if we have the right players. The big problem at the moment is with no vocal point up top and the ball keeps coming back. If we address that in the summer we will have more Control of the game. Probably won’t have more Possession in most games but it won’t be so one sided as it is at the moment. Let’s just get to safety first.

I’d agree but then why sack Allardyce back in the day?

I’d agree but then why sack Allardyce back in the day?
It was only a contract till the end of the season with a possible extension I thought 🤔 we'd be right in to do do long before this latest round 🤬 going on if he stayed the guys useless

Status
Not open for further replies.