Jazzy's 2022/23 Season Squad review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy

Player Valuation: £70m
Pickford - had an excellent season and one of the major reasons we stayed up. Obviously you want to retain him but given our financial situation and presumably his ambition to play CL I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on. 9/10
Begovic - Ok as a back up I guess 3/10

Coleman - at one point seemed to recover his best form and was an inspiration . However he is increasingly beset by injury . In an ideal world we would replace with someone younger and less likely to break down but I suspect he might get a new contract on reduced wage but with a guaranteed pathway to a coaching role. 7/10
Patterson - shows real promise but seems very injury prone. He needs to get fit , stay fit and develop the defensive side of his game with a run of matches. His fitness must be a worry for the future 6/10
Mykolenko - good attitude , at times a decent defender but offers nothing going forwards. If we can afford him as a back up LB then fine but otherwise needs to be sold and replaced 5/10
Vinage - who? 0/10
Tarkowski - great addition and a leader. Clearly trusted by Dyche and will be the bedrock of the defence next season , hopefully alongside Branthwaite 8/10
Keane - I'm really sorry to write this because I suspect that he is a lovely fella..................but his confidence is shot , he is slow and makes ridiculous errors. The decision to keep him in the team at the expense of Mina was nonsensical. Thanks for the Spurs goal but has to move on asap 2/10
Holgate - the sad thing is that he has many of the physical attributes to be a good defender and it would appear thinks that he is far better than he really is. Should be sold 2/10
Godfrey - he has regressed terribly and offers very little. Positionally he looks all over the place . He sould be sold. 3/10
Mina - sad to see him go but given his fitness record and reported wage it is the correct decision to let him go. When fit he is undoubtedly our best defender and that run of games that he played at the end of the season was crucial as was his goal v Wolves. 7/10
Coady - a strange one. When he's played he has been fully committed and shown leadership. At the reported fee I'd keep him if we can punt 2 of Keane , Godfrey and Holgate although you still feel his strength is in a back 3. 5/10

Iwobi - yes he tries and runs around a lot but really there is no end product. Hopefully he is moved on and replaced 5/10
Gana - years are catching up with him but he still makes an important contribution at times. I suspect that he will be a squad player next season 5/10
Garner - a revelation. Needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet 8/10
Doucoure - technically very poor but great mobility and attitude and the only central midfielder capable of scoring. Clearly the correct decision to give him a further year. That goal will forever live in my mind 6.5/10
Onana - I must admit to being dissappointed after all the hype. Clearly there is a high quality potential player there but at what we paid for him I'd expect / we need more. I think he will be sold to raise funds for the rebuild 6/10
Davies - ta ra . Thought he was going to be great when he scored v City but how wrong was I ? Why is he still here? 2/10
McNeill - terrible start to his Everton career but regained his confidence and blossomed under Dyche. He's not top quality but he's fine for now. 7.5/10

Maupay - just a disastrous signing , no idea what Kopite Kev was thinking. Move him on asap 1/10
DCL - when fit he was very good giving us something that we don't have - a centre forward who can lead the line , retain the ball and bring others into play. But, he's hardly ever fit. Can't be relied upon for next season . I'd be tempted to sell if we can get a fee , otherwise he would have to be back up. A replacement is top priority. 5/10
Gray - fine as a squad player and decent for what we paid for him. 5/10
Simms - his treatment has been weird. Played away at RS and United as a lone striker , then bombed. Scores off the bench v Chelsea , then bombed. I can only imagine that he will be sold. 3.5/10

Branthwaite - get him in the team

Alli/ Gomes / Gbamin - please shut the door when you leave.

Cannon . Dobbin / Price / Mills / Warrington / Mac Allister - any other youngster that I have ommitted - will they get game time under Dyche

Pickford - had an excellent season and one of the major reasons we stayed up. Obviously you want to retain him but given our financial situation and presumably his ambition to play CL I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on. 9/10

Coleman - at one point seemed to recover his best form and was an inspiration . However he is increasingly beset by injury . In an ideal world we would replace with someone younger and less likely to break down but I suspect he might get a new contract on reduced wage but with a guaranteed pathway to a coaching role. 7/10
Patterson - shows real promise but seems very injury prone. He needs to get fit , stay fit and develop the defensive side of his game with a run of matches. His fitness must be a worry for the future 6/10
Mykolenko - good attitude , at times a decent defender but offers nothing going forwards. If we can afford him as a back up LB then fine but otherwise needs to be sold and replaced 5/10
Vinage - who? 0/10
Tarkowski - great addition and a leader. Clearly trusted by Dyche and will be the bedrock of the defence next season , hopefully alongside Branthwaite 8/10
Keane - I'm really sorry to write this because I suspect that he is a lovely fella..................but his confidence is shot , he is slow and makes ridiculous errors. The decision to keep him in the team at the expense of Mina was nonsensical. Thanks for the Spurs goal but has to move on asap 2/10
Holgate - the sad thing is that he has many of the physical attributes to be a good defender and it would appear thinks that he is far better than he really is. Should be sold 2/10
Godfrey - he has regressed terribly and offers very little. Positionally he looks all over the place . He sould be sold. 3/10
Mina - sad to see him go but given his fitness record and reported wage it is the correct decision to let him go. When fit he is undoubtedly our best defender and that run of games that he played at the end of the season was crucial as was his goal v Wolves. 7/10
Coady - a strange one. When he's played he has been fully committed and shown leadership. At the reported fee I'd keep him if we can punt 2 of Keane , Godfrey and Holgate although you still feel his strength is in a back 3. 5/10

Iwobi - yes he tries and runs around a lot but really there is no end product. Hopefully he is moved on and replaced 5/10
Gana - years are catching up with him but he still makes an important contribution at times. I suspect that he will be a squad player next season 5/10
Garner - a revelation. Needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet 8/10
Doucoure - technically very poor but great mobility and attitude and the only central midfielder capable of scoring. Clearly the correct decision to give him a further year. That goal will forever live in my mind 6.5/10
Onana - I must admit to being dissappointed after all the hype. Clearly there is a high quality potential player there but at what we paid for him I'd expect / we need more. I think he will be sold to raise funds for the rebuild 6/10
Davies - ta ra . Thought he was going to be great when he scored v City but how wrong was I ? Why is he still here? 2/10
McNeill - terrible start to his Everton career but regained his confidence and blossomed under Dyche. He's not top quality but he's fine for now. 7.5/10

Maupay - just a disastrous signing , no idea what Kopite Kev was thinking. Move him on asap 1/10
DCL - when fit he was very good giving us something that we don't have - a centre forward who can lead the line , retain the ball and bring others into play. But, he's hardly ever fit. Can't be relied upon for next season . I'd be tempted to sell if we can get a fee , otherwise he would have to be back up. A replacement is top priority. 5/10
Simms - his treatment has been weird. Played away at RS and United as a lone striker , then bombed. Scores off the bench v Chelsea , then bombed. I can only imagine that he will be sold. 3.5/10

Cannon . Dobbin / Price / Mills / Warrington / Mac Allister - any other youngster that I have ommitted - will they get game time under Dyche
Hang on. When did we sign Mac Allister?!

Vinage - who? 0/10

Yeah pretty in line with what I’d have given

Status
Not open for further replies.