2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still frustrating with subs, but he's been like that for his whole career as that's a criticism he also suffered at Burnley.

5 subs now though, cmon Sean ffs

*I am aware we haven't got many players to sub on, but keeping Maupay for 80 min when we have a striker and Gray on the bench is daft. He seems to be trying to fix it, but subs in the 80th+ minute rarely work out like they did last night.

Screenshot_20230319_085816_Chrome.jpg

I’d agree but then why sack Allardyce back in the day?

Context of the time was still Everton trying to reach the top, throwing money around - there was probably a bit more entitlement - which has kind of been worn down last couple of seasons.

Personally prefer Dyches football to Allardyce anyway.

If we manage to stay up it will be interesting to see if we can make any signing and who Dyche goes for.

Not playing out from the keeper, closing down, playing with heart, no passing sideways....very happy with all to be honest.
Was going to post about still not being clear on ‘his style’ because they did play out from the keeper a few times yesterday. Admittedly it doesn’t take long for one of the defenders to then hit a long(ish) pass.
I guess the subtly is that the defenders don’t pass it amongst themselves and then a 5-10 yard pass to midfield and back again…..

If there were any doubters within the player group, I'm sure they're fully on board now.

I'm really impressed with how he's turned them around. For the first time now I'm leaning towards confidence that we'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.