2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doucoure is not technically good enough to play at this level, but, he is a vital part of the system Dyche is playing. Doucoure is big, energetic and physical, he presses well and puts himself about. Is he a premier league standard player? I don't think he is. Is he, currently, one of the first names on Dyche's team sheet? I rather think he may be.

It's very much a case of horses for courses and I think Doucoure is an important cog in Dyche's system.

Doucoure is not technically good enough to play at this level, but, he is a vital part of the system Dyche is playing. Doucoure is big, energetic and physical, he presses well and puts himself about. Is he a premier league standard player? I don't think he is. Is he, currently, one of the first names on Dyche's team sheet? I rather think he may be.

It's very much a case of horses for courses and I think Doucoure is an important cog in Dyche's system.
He is one of our highest wage earners though and if he signs an extension he is going to want a top up surely. Id only be offering him one if he is prepared to stay on the same or even cut back tbh. He isn't going to get a move to another PL club anytime soon. He would be a decent option to have off the bench though.

Seems we have a clause to extend his connie if we want. I'd be looking at it like this: Challenge him to keep up his performances until end of season, and if he continues to play well activate the clause only if we stay up. Obviously if we drop he's too expensive to keep.

If he loses his place or drops form then we wave goodbye.

We have £250k per week of midfielders coming back to us very soon unfortunately (Alli, Gbamin, Gomes) who we might struggle to shift again.

It may turn out that we need to let Doucouré go regardless and try to get a tune out of one of those if we're concerned about the salaries.
Gomes I think has done ok by all accounts,
Think he wouldn’t be to difficult to shift,
All 3 have a year left so hopefully that makes it easier,
Give Dele away. And try and get small fees for the other 2.

Doucoure I’d also let go, but it would
Mean with Davies going, we have only 3 midfielders, 4 with doucoure. The problem is he’s on a big wage and spat his dummy out when Frank dropped him.

Him, gana and Onana isn’t good enough for next season. We need something different. Imo, so does he spit his dummy out again. Linked with Geiger.? On a free who’s a defensive midfielder. With garner, gana, Onana and add a youngster. Iwobi can also do a job and then maybe buy an attacking midfielder. Young Alex Scott from Bristol city has been
Watched apparently

He is one of our highest wage earners though and if he signs an extension he is going to want a top up surely. Id only be offering him one if he is prepared to stay on the same or even cut back tbh. He isn't going to get a move to another PL club anytime soon. He would be a decent option to have off the bench though.
Oh exactly mate, I wouldn't pay him any more than he is getting now, in fact I'd be happier if Dyche replaced him with a similar type player, but, one who can actually control a football. I think he is a poor player, I am just saying that Dyche, given his lack of alternatives, has made him an integral part of his team. If we go down it would be madness to extend his contract as we just can't afford to pay him for a season in the championship if we don't have to. Likewise, if we stay up, I would hope we could get a better option than Doucoure for less money.

Either way, at this moment in time, he is doing exactly the job Dyche asks of him.

His cost to us drops considerably though mate as we will have amortised his contract.

Oh exactly mate, I wouldn't pay him any more than he is getting now, in fact I'd be happier if Dyche replaced him with a similar type player, but, one who can actually control a football. I think he is a poor player, I am just saying that Dyche, given his lack of alternatives, has made him an integral part of his team. If we go down it would be madness to extend his contract as we just can't afford to pay him for a season in the championship if we don't have to. Likewise, if we stay up, I would hope we could get a better option than Doucoure for less money.

Either way, at this moment in time, he is doing exactly the job Dyche asks of him.
It's not really the time for transfer rumours I know but we were recently linked with a young Spaniard called Joan Gonzalez who plays in Italy for Lecce who is seen as a replacement for him, don't know much about him though tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.