2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, much better than anyone else is squad at "energy". 90% horrible on ball. Dyche has looked at our players and given them a role. Doucoure it's worked for, onana not at all.

I’d like to see Onana moved backwards to the Gueye position in front of the back 4. His game isn’t going forward. Then bring in two midfielders who can get about and pass the ball to go infront of him. See if Garner is good enough to fill one of them when fit or have him as a bench option. Davies Docuoure and Gueye to go.

Seems we have a clause to extend his connie if we want. I'd be looking at it like this: Challenge him to keep up his performances until end of season, and if he continues to play well activate the clause only if we stay up. Obviously if we drop he's too expensive to keep.

If he loses his place or drops form then we wave goodbye.

We have £250k per week of midfielders coming back to us very soon unfortunately (Alli, Gbamin, Gomes) who we might struggle to shift again.

It may turn out that we need to let Doucouré go regardless and try to get a tune out of one of those if we're concerned about the salaries.

Seems we have a clause to extend his connie if we want. I'd be looking at it like this: Challenge him to keep up his performances until end of season, and if he continues to play well activate the clause only if we stay up. Obviously if we drop he's too expensive to keep.

If he loses his place or drops form then we wave goodbye.

We have £250k per week of midfielders coming back to us very soon unfortunately (Alli, Gbamin, Gomes) who we might struggle to shift again.

It may turn out that we need to let Doucouré go regardless and try to get a tune out of one of those if we're concerned about the salaries.
We also have Mina, Davies and Townsend hopefully all leaving come the summer which is almost 200k of wages….

Expect we are still paying some of the wages for those 3 loan players. Hopefully we can push them out on load again next year for final year of JPG and Gomes contracts (if not just release).

I would then look to extend Doucs contract for 1 more year!

We also have Mina, Davies and Townsend hopefully all leaving come the summer which is almost 200k of wages….

Expect we are still paying some of the wages for those 3 loan players. Hopefully we can push them out on load again next year for final year of JPG and Gomes contracts (if not just release).

I would then look to extend Doucs contract for 1 more year!
But "just release" = paying probably 80% of their remaining salary for to leave immediately.

I think we'll loan them all out, hopefully, with us paying 'just' about 50% of their wages which ought to save us quite a few million over the season.

Shameful that we haven't been able offload these crabs for half a decade.

Dyche utilising him correctly. He isn't a baller by any means, but he gets himself about. Looks better further up the pitch - something Lampard tried & failed to do with Onana previously.

Going forward though we should be looking to upgrade him for a 'younger model'.

Is he one booking away from a suspension? Bit worrying since he seems to get in a fight per match recently.

Should not activate the contract. He has undoubtedly raised his performances under Dyche, but hopefully we will develop as a club. Then players like AD have to go. He has passed 30, his technical and tactical weaknesses are obvious and he is not getting any better. What he lives on is his physical presence, and with age he will need longer recovery time and be more prone to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.