2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair to say he’s the exact type of manager we’ve been crying out for since Moyes left, sets a team out exactly how we all like it, proper hard working and giving everything for a team. Silva was too early in his career and was hamstrung by our transfer structure a bit, Carlo is perhaps the best manager of all time but it was never gonna work here with how we were financially and everyone else was basically a disaster because of their own faults or philosophies.

Dyche isn’t the best manager in the world but he’s effective, knows what he’s doing, has experience of relegation battles, dealing with a basket case of a club, working with not a lot of money and even pushing above his weight and getting into Europe, there’s literally not a manager out there that fits Everton more than him, he’s perfect for us quite frankly.
What I like about him - other than his competence (which is not to be sniffed at in any manager) - is he never gives me the feeling that he "knows his place". With Moyes, you always felt he had a ceiling, that deep down, despite the fake bravado that came across as slightly weird, he knew he wasn't quite up to winning the big games.

This fella knows what he's doing and doesn't give anyone too much respect. I like that. Got to get rid of Iwobi, though...

As a burnley fan who posted on here when you got dyche , to trust the man and his methods and to tell you , there’s no way you where going down I’m pleased to see the dyche way as we say here at burnley is starting to take hold, He can also spot a player and improve a player give him two transfer windows and the backing financially which he never had at burnley and you guys will be back to top 8.. he will only sign players with a strong jaw , leaders and hard workers who give an 8 game in game out , we saw it for ten years. It’s an honest philosophy and all he asks og players is to buy into it..HEART , LEGS , MIND . simple but effective and your now seeing early signs of players buying inro it..

The most remarkable part of all this is that Dyche is doing this single handedly with a uselss DoF, a board that's been chased off and an owner who scratchs his bollocks in Monte Carlo and doesn't give a flying one about this club beyond cash.

The feller's been immense, you have to say.

He is superb, hard not to get carried away with him, he speaks so well and even when we're doing poorly I am not too worried as I know he can light a fire under our boys. Can only imagine where we would be if we had got him in earlier but pointless worrying about that now, I think we will stay up pretty easily now!

He's a very good manager. I just hope we stick by him and give him some support in the summer.
The problem was, is and will continue to be the club. Moyes was criticised for a knife to a gun fight mentality but I am convinced that was beat into him by a lack of financial or other support from the club. I think SD will keep the wolves from the door in terms of relegation, and if we are lucky over time we will see comparable improvement like Moyes, but that’s the most we will get with this board.

He is superb, hard not to get carried away with him, he speaks so well and even when we're doing poorly I am not too worried as I know he can light a fire under our boys. Can only imagine where we would be if we had got him in earlier but pointless worrying about that now, I think we will stay up pretty easily now!
All this is well said. When Lampard was here he was probably the second worst manager in the league by far it’s like night and day now and you can just tell by the way he’s so composed in interviews but also animated on the touch line in the right way. He knows how to get something out of these players.

Gone from having one of the worst managers in the league to now of all the 7-8 teams in the relegation scrap we’ve got the best by a country mile I would say. That’s the difference he’s made.

Status
Not open for further replies.