Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The praise for connolly is brilliant!
Indeed. I’ve only ever seen him play midfield in brief patches so couldn’t comment on this aspect but he’s always shown great versatility . Great credit to Mick McCarthy for developing this aspect of his game . His dilema will be where do we play him , a difficult one , but heh these loan players are the bright spot for us at the moment.

Indeed. I’ve only ever seen him play midfield in brief patches so couldn’t comment on this aspect but he’s always shown great versatility . Great credit to Mick McCarthy for developing this aspect of his game . His dilema will be where do we play him , a difficult one , but heh these loan players are the bright spot for us at the moment.

hes no chance getting in our midfield with superstars like schederlin, gueye and mccarthy ahead of him....

Connolly is a great example of why you don't sell too soon. I'm hoping he can be in and around the 1st team squad next year, and continue to improve. Would be great if he developed into a reliable player at the Prem level since he's ours, a Blue, and cost nawt. He's not really someone everyone had tipped for stardom, but it's just possible he's found a role he excels at and can flourish.

I think the same when people suggest Klassen (or even DCL) goes on loan to the Championship, would do nothing for their development.
I disagree with DCL, he's out of his depth in the PL, in the championship he would probably score a few and learn the game better at a lower level, anyway his game isn't going to improve now getting a few minutes of of the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.