Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Dowell to Nottingham loan has paid huge dividends for us. Hopefully it's the start of a good relationship with the club. If we bring in another striker or two, I wouldn't mind sending Sandro there.

A player who played and scored a lot of goals in La Liga (quite probably a better league than the PL) last year. He'd be justified in telling us to stick it if we offer to loan him to the 2nd division.

A player who played and scored a lot of goals in La Liga (quite probably a better league than the PL) last year. He'd be justified in telling us to stick it if we offer to loan him to the 2nd division.
I think the same when people suggest Klassen (or even DCL) goes on loan to the Championship, would do nothing for their development.

I’m puzzled by this work permit criteria. The other day Aberdeen took on loan Man City ‘s 21 year old Nigerian forward Childi Nwakali . City signed him after Nigeria won the U17s World Cup, he’s been out on loan ever since most recently in Norway as they couldn’t get a work permit.
Aberdeen are currently waiting for a work permit to be granted. Like Henry Onyekuru, Nwakali hasn’t played regularly for Nigeria, in fact he hasn’t played at all, I think Henry has at least one cap. And like Henry he also is hoping to go to the World Cup. I’ll watch this with interest to see if Nwakali gets a permit .

Scottish working permit rules are different so a decision wouldn't translate to the PL I think.

Under the current PL rules (http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/...tions/gbe-criteria-for-players-2017-2018.ashx) I don't think Onyekuru qualifies if he's done for the season.

I assume he doesn't even score 4 points in A or a cumulative 5 over A&B. That leaves the subjective part of the review but since he doesn't do too well in the object part there will be quite a high standard of proof : 'player established at the highest international level + contribute to the development of football of the highest level in England'. Quite difficult.

That's fair. Just think it's a different style of play altogether, hence (some of) the reason he's had trouble scoring for us. That's always going to be the danger of bringing in someone from a different league/nation.

Could be a much needed boost of confidence for him to be a superstar albeit a second division superstar.

Scottish working permit rules are different so a decision wouldn't translate to the PL I think.

Under the current PL rules (http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/...tions/gbe-criteria-for-players-2017-2018.ashx) I don't think Onyekuru qualifies if he's done for the season.

I assume he doesn't even score 4 points in A or a cumulative 5 over A&B. That leaves the subjective part of the review but since he doesn't do too well in the object part there will be quite a high standard of proof : 'player established at the highest international level + contribute to the development of football of the highest level in England'. Quite difficult.
Yeah , if I understand them right the Scottish rules are simpler in that if they haven’t played 75 % of Internationals they go straight to a review panel. Aberdeen are currently at that stage and I assume are confident of the outcome , as are City, or the move would not have been initiated.
It’s not clear , and I can’t be arsed digging too deep, but I’m assuming that Onyekuru can pick up at least four points based on transfer/wages/ playing for RSCA in the league and Europe. So that would lead into the review part. Crazy that our EU counterparts would allow him to play but we don’t .

Yeah , if I understand them right the Scottish rules are simpler in that if they haven’t played 75 % of Internationals they go straight to a review panel. Aberdeen are currently at that stage and I assume are confident of the outcome , as are City, or the move would not have been initiated.
It’s not clear , and I can’t be arsed digging too deep, but I’m assuming that Onyekuru can pick up at least four points based on transfer/wages/ playing for RSCA in the league and Europe. So that would lead into the review part. Crazy that our EU counterparts would allow him to play but we don’t .

I think he can't pick up points for the qualified transfer fee (too low only 8 mill €), I also don't think that Everton have given him a salary between the 50th and 75th percentile of qualifying wages (quick google says 40 000 K/week. Isn't that quite a low salary for the PL?). The only point he'll get from A is the played 30 percent of available minutes in a continental competition. So 1 for A.

For B maybe he can pick up two-three points, but that's not enough. He needs four in A; or a cumulative 5. Giving him a big raise would solve a lot I guess. Then he can get 4.

Yeah it's quite easy to get a working permit (if you're a footballer) in the rest of the E.U.

Galloway is a player I feel sorry for he's a centre back whose been loaned out and played as a left back. Effectively meaning he's been judged in his secondary position. I know he played left back for us but that was because we were short. We would have been better off loaning to a lower league where he could have got game time in his prefered position. The lads confidence is completely shot. Best thing for him now is her him some game time at CB in the u23's.

Charsley, Robinson, Connolly and Walsh (I know hes not on loan) all start at 3pm. Williams suspended and Pennington must be injured. Browning started in 3 nil defeat earlier

Championship
Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-4 away defeat to Cardiff City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I thought he advanced with the ball quite well at times. He has a bit of power about him. He'd have to brush up on his passing and shooting but might he be a better option than Wilson or Cattermole in centre midfield?"
"If you think Browning played ok I’m speechless"
"Very rigid and petrified in possession"

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match and was booked in 0-2 away defeat to Brentford
Harry Charsley started on his debut and was substituted in the 55th minute

OS Match Report
"David Bentley, the Bees ‘keeper, somehow got his body to keep out a close range effort from Gary Madine after Antonee Robinson’s probing run resulted in a defensive mix-up."

Fan comments
"you could pick up Robinson for a poor head for their 1st but he also had a lot of positives, mainly going forward."
"The new lad was ok but didn’t offer much and got pushed off the ball quite a lot, nothing I didn’t expect from a lad that has only played 2 games of 1st team football - he does look like he has something about him though"
"Thought Robinson put in good performance. Still needs to improve on his positioning and end product but clearly got some talent. Be interesting to see whether he makes the grade at Everton over next couple of seasons"

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 1-0 home win over Leeds United

OS Match Report
"Celina was inches away from the opener when he hit the post with a curler from just inside the box, Callum Connolly wide with the follow up shot as Town finished the half on the front foot but without reward."

Twitter stuff
POST! So, so close! Waghorn takes the ball in midfield and plays it to Connolly who then feeds Celina whose first-time shot hits off the inside of the post and comes out before Connolly put the rebound wide
CLOSE! Town almost break the deadlock through Connolly as his neat footwork got him into a position to shoot, but his effort was parried out, but only as far as Garner whose effort was well wide
55' Callum Connolly goes into the book for a professional foul in the midfield

Fan comments
"Callum Connolly. Wow. He was ok as a a right back when he first joined us but as a centre mid, absolutely superb. Best player on the pitch today by a country mile. He got back, he kept the ball, he put a foot in, he spread the play, he took men on, he won headers, he took shots. That’s the best individual performance I’ve seen from a town player this season. Absolutely fantastic. He will almost definitely be out of our price range in the summer but I’d give anuthimg to see him sign on a permanent."
"Connolly was superb again, never stops running and doing the hard yards."
"Connolly was magnificent"

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Aston Villa

OS Match Report
"Matty Cash had the game's first real effort on goal on 14 minutes, with a fast-paced move forward seeing Kieran Dowell find the midfield man on the edge of the box. Cash cut inside onto his left foot but his shot was straight at Sam Johnstone in the Villa goal."
"The City Ground crowd roared behind their side and Dowell's swerving effort from 30 yards almost caught out goalkeeper Johnstone on 86, with the stopper palming it around the post."

Twitter stuff
45+1' #NFFC 0-1 Villa: Kieran Dowell curls a free-kick around the Villa wall but wide of Johnstone's left-hand post.
86' #NFFC 0-1 Villa: Kieran Dowell is denied by Sam Johnstone as the Villa goalkeeper turns his powerful strike around the post.

Fan comments
"6. Dowell - a harsh score only because he can be so much better. Best shot of the match to be fair but down the keepers neck"
"Worst player for me today was Dowell. In the second half, seemed unable to pass to a red shirt."
"Dowell - 6 - best shot of the game was from him...not at his best though."

Matthew Pennington, Joe Williams (suspension) and Brendan Galloway were not in matchday squads.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Conor Grant has returned from Crewe to EFC.
"Artell said: “Conor is a good player but we won’t be keeping him. We’ll be looking to replace him. It’s our decision."

Championship
Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 0-4 away defeat to Cardiff City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I thought he advanced with the ball quite well at times. He has a bit of power about him. He'd have to brush up on his passing and shooting but might he be a better option than Wilson or Cattermole in centre midfield?"

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match and was booked in 0-2 away defeat to Brentford

OS Match Report
"David Bentley, the Bees ‘keeper, somehow got his body to keep out a close range effort from Gary Madine after Antonee Robinson’s probing run resulted in a defensive mix-up."

Fan comments
"you could pick up Robinson for a poor head for their 1st but he also had a lot of positives, mainly going forward."
"The new lad was ok but didn’t offer much and got pushed off the ball quite a lot, nothing I didn’t expect from a lad that has only played 2 games of 1st team football - he does look like he has something about him though"
"Thought Robinson put in good performance. Still needs to improve on his positioning and end product but clearly got some talent. Be interesting to see whether he makes the grade at Everton over next couple of seasons"

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 1-0 home win over Leeds United

OS Match Report
"Celina was inches away from the opener when he hit the post with a curler from just inside the box, Callum Connolly wide with the follow up shot as Town finished the half on the front foot but without reward."

Twitter stuff
POST! So, so close! Waghorn takes the ball in midfield and plays it to Connolly who then feeds Celina whose first-time shot hits off the inside of the post and comes out before Connolly put the rebound wide
CLOSE! Town almost break the deadlock through Connolly as his neat footwork got him into a position to shoot, but his effort was parried out, but only as far as Garner whose effort was well wide

Fan comments
"Callum Connolly. Wow. He was ok as a a right back when he first joined us but as a centre mid, absolutely superb. Best player on the pitch today by a country mile. He got back, he kept the ball, he put a foot in, he spread the play, he took men on, he won headers, he took shots. That’s the best individual performance I’ve seen from a town player this season. Absolutely fantastic. He will almost definitely be out of our price range in the summer but I’d give anuthimg to see him sign on a permanent."
The praise for connolly is brilliant!

Championship

OS Match Report

Fan comments

OS Match Report

Fan comments

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff

Fan comments

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Aston Villa

OS Match Report
"Matty Cash had the game's first real effort on goal on 14 minutes, with a fast-paced move forward seeing Kieran Dowell find the midfield man on the edge of the box. Cash cut inside onto his left foot but his shot was straight at Sam Johnstone in the Villa goal."
"The City Ground crowd roared behind their side and Dowell's swerving effort from 30 yards almost caught out goalkeeper Johnstone on 86, with the stopper palming it around the post."

Twitter stuff
45+1' #NFFC 0-1 Villa: Kieran Dowell curls a free-kick around the Villa wall but wide of Johnstone's left-hand post.
86' #NFFC 0-1 Villa: Kieran Dowell is denied by Sam Johnstone as the Villa goalkeeper turns his powerful strike around the post.

Fan comments
"6. Dowell - a harsh score only because he can be so much better. Best shot of the match to be fair but down the keepers neck"
"Worst player for me today was Dowell. In the second half, seemed unable to pass to a red shirt."
"Dowell - 6 - best shot of the game was from him...not at his best though."

Matthew Pennington, Joe Williams (suspension) and Brendan Galloway were not in matchday squads.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Conor Grant has returned from Crewe to EFC.
"Artell said: “Conor is a good player but we won’t be keeping him. We’ll be looking to replace him. It’s our decision."

..cheers, Matey. Connolly in midfield is getting some plaudits. Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.