Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
On topic though this season was disastrous for us and whether they stayed or loaned out we still would have finished where we did. I'm just glad they got so many minutes.
Yeah. Kenny, Holgate and DCL will have learnt a lot from their game time this season, especially DCL who, goal scoring apart, has developed his game tremendously this season. Davies for me has probably played too many first team games. He's still only 19 and has probably played some part in 95% of our games since the beginning of 2017. That's crazy as the lads body will still be developing. I'd have liked to have seen Baningime get more game time; in the games we've seen he's shown he is ready for the step up. Vlasic too and, in hindsight, I'd like to have seen him go abroad on loan like Lookman. Whoever made that decision, and I know we disagree on that, it was clearly better for him than staying here under Allardyce.

I think the likes of Dowell, Williams, Connolly and Robinson have all benefited from their championship loans and I'd like the new manager and DoF to have a good look at them in pre season before deciding on what to do with them next season. I'd like to see Dowell stay with the first team next season personally. A player like him needs to work with the right manager as we saw with his change of fortunes at Forest last year.

..report in Belgium suggesting Everton could get a work permit for Onyekuru despite him not going the World Cup. This would be based on his transfer fee and club appearances.
That has got be part of the plan now. I never believed Onyekuru would qualify automatically through international appearances, the most likely route was going to be by personal appeal under meeting “special circumstances “ . His games and goals suggest that he would make a positive contribution to a PL squad and that his injury should also be taken into account. One for Marcel Brands to get to work on.

We shouldn't sell talent just because they might have a bit of attitude; he's just a kid.

If his attitude is down to his age then fair enough, but if it's just a case or him generally having a bad attitude (a la peoples opinions of Miralles, Schneiderlin) then I think we'd be better off without him. Obviously that will take a bit of time to consider.

Tbh honest, if what Armel has posted is accurate, he doesn't sound like the kind of player we want at the club. Hopefully he has a decent year next season and they (or another BL club) want to buy him.

Here another one of his antics (https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180518_03519011); now he's faking (the coach just about said that in his press-conference today) sickness and staying away from training. Like he did at Eupen for a couple of months. He fell out with Weiller, VHB, Condom and a bunch of others. If it always happens, it's probably your own fault.

Or another direct quote from the coach today:

“Het is niet onze fout dat Henry niet naar Rusland mag. Iedereen ziet dat hij niet klaar is om te spelen - hij heeft schrik in de duels - en dan kan ik hem niet zetten om hem een plezier te doen. Trouwens, Henry heeft nog veel te bewijzen bij de nationale ploeg. Voor zijn blessure was hij ook geen vaste waarde, hé.”

"It's not our fault that Henry isn't going to Russia. Everybody sees that he isn't ready to play - he's afraid on the field and in coming togethers - and then I can't play him to do him a favour. Btw Henry still has a lot to prove for his national team. It's not like he was was a regular before his injury."

You can have a lot of attitude if you combine that with being a top footballer off course. Let's hope he develops into one. He's 21 in June, so now is about the time to grow up.

@Eggs :Could you please provide the link from the Belgian press saying he could play in Engeland. The only thing I found was his agents saying that they think he could play in England. They say a lot.

Here another one of his antics (https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180518_03519011); now he's faking (the coach just about said that in his press-conference today) sickness and staying away from training. Like he did at Eupen for a couple of months. He fell out with Weiller, VHB, Condom and a bunch of others. If it always happens, it's probably your own fault.

Or another direct quote from the coach today:

“Het is niet onze fout dat Henry niet naar Rusland mag. Iedereen ziet dat hij niet klaar is om te spelen - hij heeft schrik in de duels - en dan kan ik hem niet zetten om hem een plezier te doen. Trouwens, Henry heeft nog veel te bewijzen bij de nationale ploeg. Voor zijn blessure was hij ook geen vaste waarde, hé.”

"It's not our fault that Henry isn't going to Russia. Everybody sees that he isn't ready to play - he's afraid on the field and in coming togethers - and then I can't play him to do him a favour. Btw Henry still has a lot to prove for his national team. It's not like he was was a regular before his injury."

You can have a lot of attitude if you combine that with being a top footballer off course. Let's hope he develops into one. He's 21 in June, so now is about the time to grow up.

@Eggs :Could you please provide the link from the Belgian press saying he could play in Engeland. The only thing I found was his agents saying that they think he could play in England. They say a lot.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-skips-training-gastroenteritis-insinuation-everton-transfer-fever/

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/05...-loanee-could-finally-get-work-permit/375906/

Tbh I think it's for the best, he wasn't well liked at Anderlecht because he's quite troublesome to have in the group. Even now he's saying that he wasn't injured etc when he had a setback during training, a couple of weeks ago (after he played a game with the reserves). They could have risked his knee I suppose, a high risk recurring injury, but that would have been quite a stupid way to learn him a lesson. Very strange reasoning from him, why the hell wouldn't Anderlecht play him if he was fit when there main strikers were injured and they were only two points down from the title (more now since injuries ravaged their chances)... People thought Lukaku was troublesome, he's much worse. Not only at Anderlecht, also in Eupen. A mitigating factor is that he played football in one of the worst Anderlecht teams in ages but still all in all a poor loan spell.

Having read the comments I don't think the RSCA fans will miss him. Especially his mentality they find lacking, he doesn't play football as a team game.

He's arrogant in his own ability?

He's arrogant in his own ability?

I don't know how you call it mate. He's not a team-player lets say it like that; I don't think he really cares about the team. He disappeared when Eupen was fighting degradation, now he disappears for the last match of the season that will decide if Anderlecht get second or third (quite a difference since second has a chance for the CL and gets more money). It's okay to care about yourself, but best not push it unless you're truly exceptionally talented.

I don't know how you call it mate. He's not a team-player lets say it like that; I don't think he really cares about the team. He disappeared when Eupen was fighting degradation, now he disappears for the last match of the season that will decide if Anderlecht get second or third (quite a difference since second has a chance for the CL and gets more money). It's okay to care about yourself, but best not push it unless you're truly exceptionally talented.
Yeah a lot of flags are raised for me. The one good thing about all of this is he was top scorer for the club before he went down (if I remember correctly). He knows how to find the back of the net. Let’s hope he knows how to play in a system as well without being a hindrance.

Yeah a lot of flags are raised for me. The one good thing about all of this is he was top scorer for the club before he went down (if I remember correctly). He knows how to find the back of the net. Let’s hope he knows how to play in a system as well without being a hindrance.

Yes a lot of those goals were in play-off 2 and that's a very low level (they add in some second division teams). 22 goals he had. The present top scorers in the Belgian competition also play in play-off 2 (Harbaoui, Chevalier and Thelin - also 22 goals). The first play-off 1 players are around place 4 or 5.

I hope he comes good and grows up. If not, he was very cheap (unlike some other acquired players in the previous season) and I'm quite certain that Everton can at least get the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.