Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrottel

Player Valuation: £35m
As in previous seasons, I'll try and make this a thread for those EFC players out on loan at some point during the year.

For those are new and/or who haven't seen these threads before, we try to keep up with the reports on and videos of EFC players both at home and abroad, how they are doing and, equally, how fans of the teams they are playing for think they are doing.

The young is kind of vague, but generally it means I'd be looking at covering a Tyias Browning or a Luke Garbutt but not an Aidan McGeady. Someone who is still trying to break into the first-team squad at some point.

Since @GrandOldTeam has been busy making individual player threads, I suppose it can't hurt to start listing the loans which are already agreed (shout out if I am missing anyone):

Tyias Browning (Sunderland)
Brendan Galloway (Sunderland)
Joe Williams (Barnsley)
Matthew Pennington (Leeds United)
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht)

I'll probably start doing the proper match coverage at the start of the season but please jump in if there is any discussion about our players going on loan or playing in pre-season...

Last edited:
Can any of these players be recalled if required still ?

And nice one for doing the thread again.

As in previous seasons, I'll try and make this a thread for those EFC players out on loan at some point during the year.

For those are new and/or who haven't seen these threads before, we try to keep up with the reports on and videos of EFC players both at home and abroad, how they are doing and, equally, how fans of the teams they are playing for think they are doing.

The young is kind of vague, but generally it means I'd be looking at covering a Tyias Browning or a Luke Garbutt but not an Aidan McGeady. Someone who is still trying to break into the first-team squad at some point.

Since @GrandOldTeam has been busy making individual player threads, I suppose it can't hurt to start listing the loans which are already agreed (shout out if I am missing anyone):

Tyias Browning (Sunderland)
Luke Galloway (Sunderland)
Joe Williams (Barnsley)
Matthew Pennington (Leeds United)
Henry Onyekuru (Anderlecht)

I'll probably start doing the proper match coverage at the start of the season but please jump in if there is any discussion about our players going on loan or playing in pre-season...
Who is Luke Galloway?

This and the youth team thread are always some of my favorites to follow during the season, a little less negativity than your usual GOT. Although this season I am guessing this thread can just be re titled "Onyekuru Watch" unless someone like Walsh, Dowell or Evans go out on loan.

This and the youth team thread are always some of my favorites to follow during the season, a little less negativity than your usual GOT. Although this season I am guessing this thread can just be re titled "Onyekuru Watch" unless someone like Walsh, Dowell or Evans go out on loan.
I don't know, I'll be very interested to see how Joe Williams does at that level and, of course, with Galloway and Browning you are looking to see if they can bounce back from their setbacks.

I don't know, I'll be very interested to see how Joe Williams does at that level and, of course, with Galloway and Browning you are looking to see if they can bounce back from their setbacks.

It will be interesting to follow sure and you hope they bounce back but personally I don't think those three will be up to the Everton standard. Possibly Williams, but with all of our current CMs there will be few spots and from what I have read his a a step below the Davies and Walsh's in our academy.

Everton seems to be pushing for a higher standard than the past few years and it will be a lot tougher to make the team, but I think after next season we will start seeing the final push of the old guard out of our main line up (Jags, Barry, maybe williams and baines to the bench) and our bench will be more filled with the best from our academy.

Galloway, Browning and Pennington are battling for who should come back and be in the fold and who will probably have to prove themselves to potential suitors. I hope all the boys get plenty of game time and acquitt themselves well.

I'll be really keen on watching Joe Williams at Barnsley. He gets lost in the mix with all the other high end talent, but he's well thought of at the club. He's more Tom Davies than Kieran Dowell. Great engine, more skill than it first appears, does the little things that the average fan might not notice. And he's a Scouse Blue.

Rooting for him to take his chance.

I'll be really keen on watching Joe Williams at Barnsley. He gets lost in the mix with all the other high end talent, but he's well thought of at the club. He's more Tom Davies than Kieran Dowell. Great engine, more skill than it first appears, does the little things that the average fan might not notice. And he's a Scouse Blue.

Rooting for him to take his chance.
https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/joe-williams-signs/

Paul Heckingbottom has tracked Williams for a while and been to watch him play for the Everton U23s side on multiple occasions, being impressed with the youngster and determined to bring him to Oakwell.

The head coach said, “We have been looking at Joe for a while and have been to see him play a few times. We have had success in player recruitment from Everton in recent times so I have to thank them for continuing to trust us with that. Joe will be a different type of player to what we have at the Club, as he has all the attributes and ability to be considered an all-round midfielder. We’re looking forward to him getting going and it’s important for him to now get some games in the remaining friendlies we have.”

Status
Not open for further replies.